Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 09:49 AM

63 posts, read 186,954 times

Advertisements

Froggie,

Did you get an interview in Lander. What are you certified in, and I would assume that now you are not too worried about the Constitution test. It is pretty much a breeze, although I did fail it the first time I took it because I did not know the names of the Gov, or the Senator or any other elected officials. Took it again five minutes later and passed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 10:42 AM

1,393 posts, read 3,173,548 times
I haven't gotten an interview yet, but am sending off my Praxis II scores today. I contacted a Carol Swenson with the district, and she told me to send them in. I don't know how long it takes for them to review applicants and when they might start calling. (keeping fingers crossed)

I know the names of the public officials, but I'm more worried about the US Constitution content. I used the study guides that were online. Was the test multiple choice or short answer, do you know?

Thanks for the tips!

Old 06-02-2009, 10:46 AM

What position are you applying for. The committee will review applications and try to get interviews going as fast as possible. Lander likes to hire in April and May and as a result settle salaries usually first in the state. This opening must be dues to a late resignation. Is it HS English?

I took the test more than 30 years ago. It was easy then.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:49 AM

yes, High School English

Lander's a beautiful town and I would love to live and work there again!

I have also applied in Riverton for a HS English teaching position, but have not heard anything from there either. I am a new grad so they might be looking for someone with more experience? Guess I'll just have to wait and see and pray!

Old 06-02-2009, 11:36 AM

1,872 posts, read 4,219,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggie Legs View Post
Taking the Wyoming constitution test today! Wish me luck!
If it's too late to wish you luck, I'll hope that your passed with flying colors! Otherwise, good luck! I'm sure you did/will do just fine!!!!

Old 06-02-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGIAINMT View Post
If it's too late to wish you luck, I'll hope that your passed with flying colors! Otherwise, good luck! I'm sure you did/will do just fine!!!!

Well I'm not sure about "flying colors" but I probably passed. There were a couple questions that I had no remembrance of from the study guides, but most of them were common sense.

Guess I'll have to wait and see!

Meanwhile, I sent off my Praxis II exam scores to the schools I applied at, which would make me "highly qualified" in WY? Does that mean more pay or just a boost in ability? Does anyone know?

Old 06-02-2009, 09:53 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,219,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggie Legs View Post
Well I'm not sure about "flying colors" but I probably passed. There were a couple questions that I had no remembrance of from the study guides, but most of them were common sense.

Guess I'll have to wait and see!

Meanwhile, I sent off my Praxis II exam scores to the schools I applied at, which would make me "highly qualified" in WY? Does that mean more pay or just a boost in ability? Does anyone know?
I really don't know what the whole tadooo is about being "highly qualified". It doesn't mean any extra money where I am! All that I know is that it is listed on my credentials because I had education that certified me in the multiple levels and areas I'm certified in. Maybe someone else can give you more information on it. I hadn't even heard of it before I started teaching in Wyoming being all of my other teaching years were in Montana! When I went to college my first 2 years in Wyoming I hadn't heard of it either. Oh, well!

Congrats on feeling that you passed the test. I'm sure you're right!

Old 06-04-2009, 06:02 PM

Highly qualified will generally not pay any more in Wyoming.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:32 PM

44 posts, read 120,294 times
How did it go Froggie?

Old 06-04-2009, 06:43 PM

44 posts, read 120,294 times
Highly qualified started with the "No Child Left Behind" ... basically, it is that you have been thru a teacher education program and you know your content area.... if you were highly qualified in English, you might not be the best chemistry teacher...With all of the federal $$ tied up in high stakes testing, they want teachers to "know" what they teach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming