Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 10:33 AM

2 posts, read 12,937 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about the people, weather and jobs in Wheatland? I have been through the town a number of times in the summer and it reminds me of the town in Nebr I lived in for 8 years. We really like the slower lifestyle and what to work and retire in a place where you know your neighbors and can be part of a growing community. My husband is a Chevy mechanic and I work in the clerical side of the medical field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2006, 09:57 AM

2 posts, read 8,421 times
Default Wheatland

Wheatland is a very nice town to live in. It has a lot of nice people and that hometown feel. There isnt much in the way of jobs but if you don't mind a bit of a drive you can find work in neighboring towns. As for a place to live you probably won't find better for yourself or your family.

Old 08-02-2006, 07:04 AM

7 posts, read 46,930 times
Default Wheatland

Hi Star.

My sister and brother-in-law have lived in Wheatland for 20+ yrs and really like it. We have visited several times and the people are always friendly and outgoing. My son went to college in Laramie and we always enjoyed the trip thru the mountains btwn Laramie and Wheatland. Very beautiful.

It is very dry in WY compared to SD (where I am from) but nothing a lg bottle of lotion can't cure-beats the humidity I am used to dealing with. Oh, and the wind does blow!

I am also looking to relocate to either WY or CO and will be visiting Casper within the next month for a job interview.

Good Luck!
Linda

Old 08-02-2006, 07:10 AM

7 posts, read 46,930 times
Hi again.

You could check out Platte County Hospital in Wheatland for employment. They also have a nursing home - not sure of the name. Otherwise, Wyoming Medical Center in Casper- apprx 1 1/2 hrs nw, United Medical Center in Cheyenne - 70 miles thru the mountain.

Old 08-16-2006, 02:30 PM
MHT

434 posts, read 2,254,151 times
Default Wheatland

I live in Wheatland. Moved here three years ago. Love it!! Very friendly. Small town feel of course. Cheyenne, Casper and Denver are close enough if you want something that is not available here. Great place to live.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:18 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,620,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHT View Post
I live in Wheatland. Moved here three years ago. Love it!! Very friendly. Small town feel of course. Cheyenne, Casper and Denver are close enough if you want something that is not available here. Great place to live.
Could you fill me in on some details, MHT, about what it's like there in Wheatland? Both the good and bad, (I was raised in Wyoming but, I don't know much about that area.); I'd surely appreciate it.

Old 08-24-2006, 11:33 AM
MHT

Default Wheatland

Wheatland is a great town. We moved here about 3 years ago. Very friendly people. The town is small but has everything you need. If you need something you can't find here Casper and Cheyenne aren't far. Denver is a quick hop down I25. Only 3 hours to DIA. I would recommend Wheatland to anyone looking for a small town.

Old 08-24-2006, 01:15 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,620,387 times
Sound like a nice town. What about cost of living? Do you have to be fairly well- off to be able to afford the housing and other cost of living? I'm going to presume that hunting and fishing are good. This is Wyoming after all. Oh, and rodeos. Any nice little places to eat? Not fancy, just good food! We're not into fancy anything. Our needs and wants are fairly simple. Don't need lots of exciting nightlife, unless it's some critter (four-legged, not two) that comes wandering around.

Old 08-25-2006, 11:22 AM
MHT

Default Wheatland, WY

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Could you fill me in on some details, MHT, about what it's like there in Wheatland? Both the good and bad, (I was raised in Wyoming but, I don't know much about that area.); I'd surely appreciate it.
I like Wheatland. It's like any other small town - everyone knows what everyone else is doing - but that's not all bad either. It's easy to meet people. I have lived here three years and know a ton of people and have great friends. Right now there are quite a few jobs in Wheatland. The weather is great. This summer was pretty hot but usually cools down at night. Fairly easy winters. Not much snow and what we do get usually doesn't last long. Once in a while we get a good spring storm that dumps snow. Windy in the winter but not so much in the summer. Not much for humidity. Schools are good. Great Dr.'s and a good hospital. Not much for shopping. There are several stores in town as well as two grocery stores and a Pamida (Shopko). Can't think of anything else. If you have any other questions just let me know.

Old 08-25-2006, 11:24 AM
MHT

Cost of living here is not bad. Houses here are not too expensive. Depends what you are looking for. Good places to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming