Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 09:14 PM

207 posts, read 714,696 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I just moved to Gillette (actually Wright) and I'm looking for furniture real cheap. I need a bed, computer desk (or just a desk) and a small kit table with a couple chairs. I remember when I moved to Houston around 89 or so, all you had to do was just hang around and talk to people and make friends and you would have stuff given to you. I've heard of people finding treasures in dumpsters. I don't think its like that around here. Oh well, onto Craigslist. Any advice GeorgiaInMT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 09:43 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,219,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbelt View Post
Hi all, I just moved to Gillette (actually Wright) and I'm looking for furniture real cheap. I need a bed, computer desk (or just a desk) and a small kit table with a couple chairs. I remember when I moved to Houston around 89 or so, all you had to do was just hang around and talk to people and make friends and you would have stuff given to you. I've heard of people finding treasures in dumpsters. I don't think its like that around here. Oh well, onto Craigslist. Any advice GeorgiaInMT?
I think today is your lucky day! At least for one of the items on your list. We are moving in a month or so and won't need both of the computer desks we have as our new home has a built in desk in part of the kitchen. The one we are going to sell is the pressed wood type that you put together yourself that has the veneer that looks like a light oak. It has a solid surface where we have the keyboard and some workspace. We have our modem & router behind the keyboard under the top shelf. The top shelf has the CPU, monitor, and printer. Under the work space there is a part that is blank space for your legs and beside that is a shelf and a 2 door cabinet. It's 5-6 yrs old so shows a bit of wear here & there, but certainly doesn't look bad at all. It's about
45"w x about 24"deep. If interested in it send me a DM here and let me know if you want to make an offer. We were going to sell it when we have a garage sale but would sell it now if you want. Make an offer! Sorry, but we don't have an extra bed or table & chairs. Where you might want to check is a place called The Furtniture Closet which is right by the Emergency Closet in downtown Gillette at 111. E. 3rd. Another place that sells used furniture, clothing, etc. is Value Villa which is on the west end of W. 2nd, not far from the junction of 2nd & Hwy. 50 in Gillette. I bet you could find a bed & table at one of those places. I'm glad you made it here, welcome! And best wishes & best of luck to you!
Georgia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming