Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2009, 10:16 PM

34 posts, read 88,517 times

Advertisements

We are here! Wife starts her new job on Wednesday and I have a interview on Tuesday.

I do have a question on Wyoming plates and drivers licenses. I know we have to have them as we are having perminate jobs, but do they give them to people who do not have a physical address? Basically speaking we are going to be living in our RV in a RV park with a PO box number for our mail. I am just a little concerned that they will be wanting some address other than a PO BOX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 10:31 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,100,658 times
Congratulations on arriving!

I took a look at the online application for the Wyoming Driver's License (it's been awhile ) which you can do here:
Wyoming DOT Forms - WY DOT Forms for Drivers Licensing & Registration - DMV.ORG

You may have to put a call in to the DMV office in your area to find out for certain, but it seems to me from what I see that you may have to have some sort of street/number for your residential address.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:00 AM

1,872 posts, read 4,218,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopes View Post
We are here! Wife starts her new job on Wednesday and I have a interview on Tuesday.

I do have a question on Wyoming plates and drivers licenses. I know we have to have them as we are having perminate jobs, but do they give them to people who do not have a physical address? Basically speaking we are going to be living in our RV in a RV park with a PO box number for our mail. I am just a little concerned that they will be wanting some address other than a PO BOX.
I would find out the street address of the RV park and just give them that along with your P.O. box. That should work fine, I'd think! Welcome to wonderful Wyoming! Where will your wife be working and where is your interview at? I think you'll love it here! Best to you both!

Old 06-01-2009, 08:56 AM

1,393 posts, read 3,172,542 times
I think I might have missed something...where in Wonderful Wyoming are you now residing? Congrats on your move and good luck on your job interview!

Old 06-01-2009, 09:22 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Yes, Wyoming does have to have a physical address. This is so they can find you for a welfare check, serve a warrant, etc. You can list a physical address of the RV park and then a mailing address of your PO box.

That's what I do. Not an RV park but the idea is that when I show my drivers license for identification, all they see is a PO box. Physical address can only be found by law enforcement.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggie Legs View Post
I think I might have missed something...where in Wonderful Wyoming are you now residing? Congrats on your move and good luck on your job interview!

Guess I must have missed that part of the post. been running around doing so much since we got here, if I keep it up at this rate I might actually shed a few pounds.

Anyhow, We are in Douglas, Wyoming.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
That's what I do. Not an RV park but the idea is that when I show my drivers license for identification, all they see is a PO box. Physical address can only be found by law enforcement.

Thanks ElkHunter

Old 06-04-2009, 10:36 AM

380 posts, read 1,145,189 times
Default Douglas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopes View Post
Guess I must have missed that part of the post. been running around doing so much since we got here, if I keep it up at this rate I might actually shed a few pounds.

Anyhow, We are in Douglas, Wyoming.
Howdy jopes, Douglas WY. is a pretty small town. I lived there for a few years. They have a nice State Fair there every year. My grandparents owned 2560 acres 4 square miles of land 26 miles north of Douglas. Hope you like it there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming