Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 07:47 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,048,659 times

Advertisements

They're ruining Acme. I've fished or 4 wheeled out there for years. I went by there the other day. Gates are closed. All kinds of heavy equipment in there. Remember the big dirt hill between the two ponds? Gone. Leveled. They are completely redoing it and making it user friendly.

There goes one of the best fishing holes in the County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 08:51 AM

76 posts, read 258,974 times
I haven't been out there in years but I can remember going out there to fish for bull heads as a little kid. I know they closed it off to the public end of July? They seem to be closing an awful lot of land off around here.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:29 AM

2,467 posts, read 4,859,706 times
Are they getting ready to do some building out there perhaps? Maybe they will join the two smaller ponds and make one big one and sell land around it to folks who want lake front property giving the rest of us little to no access to the fishing.

They ruined Lake Desmet that way. Used to be able to walk and fish all around the lake and now most of the land around it is privately owned with small sections for public access.

I don't mind folks moving to WY, but by golly stop making it hard on the rest of us who have lived here all or most of our lives who like to fish, hunt, hike, camp, snowmobile and 4 wheel. If you all want to own land around lakes, rivers, ponds or near the national forests fine, but leave some access for the rest of us to enjoy these areas as well.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:39 AM

Either Land Reclamation or Mine Reclamation has gotten ahold of it. I remember something in the paper about making it into some kind of a park, or visitor center for Mines. Don't remember exactly what it was about. But the last time I remember seeing it in the paper, they were just discussing it, hadn't made any final decisions yet.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:52 AM

I'd have to find the stuff on Sheridan Media about it - from what I know they're basically closing it off right now for a few months and doing something out there then they're going to reopen it to only walk in traffic (no vehicles of any sort will be allowed).

Old 08-31-2009, 09:54 AM

Here is the last Sheridan Media article on it.

Kleenburn Access Will Be Closed Starting Monday | Sheridan Media

Old 08-31-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinowy View Post
Here is the last Sheridan Media article on it.

Kleenburn Access Will Be Closed Starting Monday | Sheridan Media
Thank you for posting that. I got on there and left a comment. I'm handicapped and can only walk about 30 feet without a walker. So I ride my 4 wheeler out to the pits to fish. Now, they're going to close it off to foot traffic. Walk in only. Sheridan County has once again, limited our access to recreation. I wonder if I should post a list of where I fish so that they can shut those areas down too?

How long before we can't get into anything that we've enjoyed through the years. Hunting, fishing, camping area's, all being shut down or limited in some way.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:47 AM

1,466 posts, read 4,056,016 times
We fished out at Acme before it closed down and the Game Warden happened to be out checking licenses that day and stopped us and we showed our ect. He was talking to us about what all the private land owners were going to do, he said it was getting run down with pot holes and hard to drive in an access for some people, so they wanted to fix it up so more people could access it easier. He said something I think about combining the lakes, and making it easier to walk around and fish at. I don't remember him mentioning anything about closing it off to motor vehicles, but they may very well be doing that.

Hopefully when it opens back up it will be nice rather than limiting to folks. That would be a shame if it turned out to be that way, cause that is a great place to fish.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:31 AM

It wasn't limited before. And now they're going to make it nicer by restricting handicapped people from using it. Well done Sheridan County!

When is election day? We need some new blood.

Old 09-03-2009, 04:09 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,056,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
It wasn't limited before. And now they're going to make it nicer by restricting handicapped people from using it. Well done Sheridan County!

When is election day? We need some new blood.
So they are wanting to limit it even more? Makes no sense why they are even fixing it up to supposedly make it easier access. Total Contradiction.

Election day isn't soon enough. lol. But this last election was so split off it was crazy. Has to be some unity before something actually gets accomplished LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming