Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 05:05 PM

30 posts, read 97,148 times

Advertisements

When I was in Casper, we tried a lot of places and we rarely enjoyed the experiences... but one place I will recommend is Eggingtons. It is located downtown. It is a bit more pricey for breakfast but the food, cleanliness and service are excellent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 09:35 PM

24 posts, read 81,867 times
Man, I didn't get my email notifications for thread replies. Thank you everyone for responding.

We drove past both Eggingtons (love the name!) and Silver Fox during our stay there. I see (while scouring the "Want Ads") that the Platte River restaurant is hiring a restaurant manager.

Before we headed back to Missouri last week we ate at a little diner on the way west side. Westside Cafe, I think it was. Man, they had the best homemade onion rings EVER!

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I am really looking forward to being in Casper full time.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:20 AM

6 posts, read 11,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
We don't get to Casper too often, but the Outback is always good. We'll have to check out Johnny J's next time. Thanks for the tip.
My family and i went to Johnny J's one time and I had a hair in my food. I enjoyed my food so much I thought about finishing it anyways...I didn't, but they do have great food!

Old 10-20-2009, 12:25 AM

6 posts, read 11,933 times
Poor Boys! Kind of pricey but worth the money. I will drffinatly go back there to eat!

Old 10-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 2,191,504 times
Stick with Armors, The Goose Egg, Eggingtons is delicious for breakfast, La Cocina for tex mex, Botticelli for italian - hands down!... SO GOOD, (way better then Olive Garden), for a good hamburger - there are a couple of "dive" bars that serve really good hamburgers.. Johnny J's is good for shakes/malts, Cheese Barrel is good for a lunch spot.

Most everything else is the chains you find in the metro areas in the region... eh.. good.. but not great.. the larger Mexican spots... mmm. not so good.

IMO..

Old 10-22-2009, 08:13 AM

63 posts, read 186,062 times
Default Breakfast

for a good breakfast try Hrbo's (I think thats the name) The sign outside says "terrible food, poor service" Neither is true. An old greasy spoon cafe it is.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:33 AM

46 posts, read 133,596 times
Wow... The Goose Egg sure brings back memories! For years I'd come up from Illinois for hunting season (always the Garett place) and the Goose Egg was always our restaurant of choice.

I'm sad to say I've not been back since 1968 and can hardly believe it's been that long! My wife and I are moving to Powell in March of next year after living here in Tampa for the last 30 years and man-oh-man are we looking forward to it. So you get yourself over to the Goose Egg and I'd be very surprised if I heard you say anything other than "woo-hah"!

Good eating,

Harry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming