Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 08:26 AM

63 posts, read 186,318 times

Advertisements

Now go to a University of Wyoming football game. The "Pokes" are 4-2 which is better than anyone thought they would be. New tough coach with a lot of disipline. True freshman quarterback and they will be getting better and better as a team. Cheap entertainment for the whole family, even if you are not "big" football fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 05:12 PM

992 posts, read 2,366,568 times
I wish I would've been here for the UT game...Texas is my alma mater.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:36 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,045,527 times
Welcome to Wyoming!
You and your family are going to love it! Completely different lifestyle out here! I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear how your experience is down in Laramie!

Old 10-19-2009, 11:00 PM

6 posts, read 11,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
We made it to Laramie from TX in one piece. The kids and animals were perfect, and the travel was fine, except for the non stop rain in OK and KS.

We're enjoying Laramie, and were able to brave the cold and snow this past Saturday.
We got in Friday afternoon, in 40 degree weather, and woke up to snow! My kids had a wonderful time and I was able to capture priceless moments with my camera.

We're so happy to be here finally, and are looking forward to many memories here.

To those that are thinking, dreaming, daydreaming of moving to WY: do it! We focused and buckled down and now we're here. Our kids are happier, and we're certainly much happier to be out of Houston.
I am 29 years old, born and raised in sunny Southern California. My whole life I ad wanted to move to Wyoming. I had never been here, but knew this is where I wanted to be. I always wanted to raise my kids out of Cali...it has nothing good to offer. My husband got an awesome job here in Casper and we moved here the beginning of the year. I couldn't be more happier. My kids (3, 2 and 1) LOVE it. I could never even fathom moving out of Wyoming and especially moving back to Cali. Welcome to Wyoming!

Old 10-22-2009, 05:11 PM

89 posts, read 252,374 times
Congrats on your move, and Welcome to Wyoming, or better yet, Welcome HOME. I have a friend from High School who lives in Houston also. They have 6 children, and are also soooo tired of the daily grind and crime. They've been thinking and trying to figure out how to escape for several years. I keep inviting them to come up and visit. I know if I can just get the hook in their mouths, it will set itself

What a "welcome mat" huh? Not quite like you'd get in Houston or Cali, now is it? Enjoy your "new life", I doubt you'll ever want to go back to your "old one"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming