Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 09:43 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times

Advertisements

After many months of research, saving money and discussion my wife and I finally got serious and went to Cheyenne and bought 40 acres NE of Cheyenne. Its located on CR 143 (paved) just south of 85. This will be our retirement property but it will be several years before we actually move out there.

Just thought we'd say Howdy! We're looking forward to meeting our new friends!

Ty and Heidi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 10:46 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,920 times
Congratulations to you and your wife. I guess we're sort of neighbors now, even though we live on opposite coasts. I bought my property in Wyoming last summer, but like you, I won't be moving there for a while. My place is several miles northwest of Wheatland, about 85 miles north of Cheyenne. How far is your place from Cheyenne? I looked on my map and it shows RD 143-2 (also shown as Hillsdale N. Rd.) intersecting Hwy. 85, about 25 miles northeast of Cheyenne, in an area marked "Midway" on my map. Is this the area?

Old 05-09-2007, 08:46 PM

Hi jdavid93225,

That's about the right area. Its on 143 about 2 or 3 miles south of 85. Beautiful country. Some people think its plain jane. I think its clean, pristine and wide open.

That area around Wheatland is gorgeous, but my better half insisted we be fairly close to the VA hospital in Cheyenne. She's smarter than me.

Do you have any photos of your property?

Cheers!

Tyster

Old 05-09-2007, 08:58 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Hi jdavid93225,

That's about the right area. Its on 143 about 2 or 3 miles south of 85. Beautiful country. Some people think its plain jane. I think its clean, pristine and wide open.

That area around Wheatland is gorgeous, but my better half insisted we be fairly close to the VA hospital in Cheyenne. She's smarter than me.

Do you have any photos of your property?

Cheers!

Tyster
Staying near the VA sounds like a good idea for those that are veterans. I'm assuming you are, so Thank You for your service! I'm not, so that matters less to me. Yes, I have some photos. I'll attach a couple if I can figure out how to...

It's official!  We bought property in Wyoming!-sheep-mountain.jpg

It's official!  We bought property in Wyoming!-creekbed-looking-north.jpg

It's official!  We bought property in Wyoming!-trees.jpg

Old 05-10-2007, 12:47 PM

Wow! Nice property! I love the trees! Congradulations!

My better half doesn't know this yet, but I am considering a second property purchase not too far from that area. I'd like a small cabin up there for summer fun. But I suppose I'd better pay off this loan first!

For us the VA is a big deal (we're both vets). But if the VA weren't there we'd probably still be somewhere near Cheyenne just for the convenience factor.

Many Thanks and God Bless!

Ty

Old 10-10-2007, 10:56 AM

4 posts, read 23,684 times
IS there anyone buying property in Wyoming that doesn't have a "better half". Single woman looking for Wyoming adventure! lol

Old 10-10-2007, 01:13 PM

104 posts, read 365,818 times
Dear Tyster, TAKE ME WITH YOU! I love Wyoming and the openness of it all and it's history as well. I'm jealous! Congrats though. In the meantime, I'll keep dreaming of the day I can do the same.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:07 PM

Default We bought more!

Elkman...

You're welcome anytime! We just purchased another 40 acres right next to the first 40 we bought so now we have 80 acres... plenty of room!

There are still many land opportunities there. You can do it!

Cheers!

Tyster

Old 10-10-2007, 08:25 PM

7 posts, read 7,470 times
Tyster,
How much did it cost for a 40-acre if you don't mind me asking? How much is the property tax? Is it currently Agriculture zone? Do you have the website for good real estate agent and also the property tax assessment office website? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. You may PM me.

Cliff

Old 10-13-2007, 10:11 AM

Hi Cliff,

We lucked out a bit. We payed about 38,000 dollars for each 40 acre parcel, which is cheaper than most in that area. Its only 27 minutes from downtown Cheyenne. Taxes are about 450 a year for all 80 acres (cheap!).

The land is in Calico Hills...
Its on Rt. 143, which is one of the few PAVED roads out there.

This land was agricultural but its still fairly hilly. Definitely not pancake flat but not so hilly that you can't build almost anywhere on the lot.

We spent 3 days out there looking at a LOT of properties, from Table Mountain all the way over to Pine Bluffs, but we kept returning to Calico hills.

I have a really helpful map that shows 95% of the developments and land opportunities in the Cheyenne area if you'd like me to send it to you. It really puts things in perspective.

Hope this helps!

Tyster

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 10-16-2007 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: Please use the Direct Message system for specific realtor information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming