Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 11:30 AM

992 posts, read 2,372,276 times

Advertisements

We made it to Laramie from TX in one piece. The kids and animals were perfect, and the travel was fine, except for the non stop rain in OK and KS.

We're enjoying Laramie, and were able to brave the cold and snow this past Saturday.
We got in Friday afternoon, in 40 degree weather, and woke up to snow! My kids had a wonderful time and I was able to capture priceless moments with my camera.

We're so happy to be here finally, and are looking forward to many memories here.

To those that are thinking, dreaming, daydreaming of moving to WY: do it! We focused and buckled down and now we're here. Our kids are happier, and we're certainly much happier to be out of Houston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 11:42 AM

1,872 posts, read 4,217,720 times
Welcome to the great state of Wyoming!!! How wonderful that you were able to experience the snow right away (although it came too early this year for most of us!). I know you & your family will enjoy Laramie. We're happy you had a safe trip!

Old 10-15-2009, 11:43 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,410,632 times
'Grats... heck of a weekend to arrive too! lol Of course, you've waited a few minutes and, low and behold, the weather changed.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:44 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,038,378 times
Welcome home! Glad you had a safe trip.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:13 PM

2,467 posts, read 4,858,734 times
Welcome to Wonderful Wyoming!! Glad that you had a safe trip and got in just ahead of the snow.

I bet the kids really enjoyed getting to play in the snow too. I know I did the first time I saw real snow. I moved from AZ to WY when I was 7yo. right at Christmas break. I was totally beside myself seeing all that white stuff, I didn't know what I wanted to do first, make snowballs, make snowmen or make snow angels.

I really hope you enjoy being in WY and you and your family create some long lasting memories.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:53 PM

992 posts, read 2,372,276 times
Thank you! It's been wonderful so far!

The wind is NO JOKE! Wowser!

My husband shoveled snow for the first time ever (he's a native Texan), and our neighbors lended a hand to us too. Within minutes we met our neighbors. What a wonderful welcome!

The kids went berserk in the snow! Thank goodness Wal Mart carries snow boots-we had to make a run so that the kids could play in the snow. All is well and we're so very blessed to be here!

Old 10-15-2009, 01:59 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,043,113 times
Wow looking at the web cams the snow melted off already. Or did it just blow away?

To quote from ElkHunter... "The snow doesn't melt here, it just blows around until it wears out".

Old 10-15-2009, 10:43 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,224,032 times
Welcome to Wyo, Momof3. Now, just because you've arrived doesn't mean you can disappear. Keep us posted.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:49 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,687 posts, read 57,985,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
The kids went berserk in the snow! Thank goodness Wal Mart carries snow boots-we had to make a run so that the kids could play in the snow. All is well and we're so very blessed to be here!
It is funny what becomes an 'emergency' when you move with kids
We moved to Singapore while it was winter in USA, forgot the swim suits! (we were sweltering by the time we got down the jetway)

To Barcelona in the fall, and forgot the Roller Blades !!

To a British Columbia Island and forgot the fishing poles

It is great you arrived with such a welcome, and I hope you have a fine winter and get to know your neighbors. We got 4 ft of snow on Christmas Day last year, so invited all the neighbors over since their guests could not come. One family brought their bulldozer, and another arrived in their road grader, a couple on tractors, and a few in 4x4 trucks, and a Unimog. We had a great evening, and LOTS of food. AND we have wind... Laramie style. The front door had to be shoveled out as the snow was 8 ft tall there. Currently we have had 50 MPH + for 6 days, while MT, ID, OR and WA low pressure zoom out to sea. (clouds are moving 2 opposite directions). I do miss Laramie , especially the great people.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:08 PM

540 posts, read 1,909,741 times
CrazyMomof3 your patience is envied for waiting that long. I'm waiting also and my paitience grows thin but trying not to let go of the dream. Congrats to you and your family!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming