Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 11:32 AM

89 posts, read 253,046 times

Advertisements

When you get the single-finger salute, smile, wave, and go about your business. They're the ones that will feel like an ass eventually, when they realize folks up here just don't react to that kind of behavior the way they think we would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 08:27 PM

632 posts, read 1,516,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmmoore View Post
When you get the single-finger salute, smile, wave, and go about your business. They're the ones that will feel like an ass eventually, when they realize folks up here just don't react to that kind of behavior the way they think we would.
I so agree..... I routinely smile big and wave at them when they give me the finger....really makes them wonder what the heck I'm up to

Old 10-26-2009, 06:58 AM

540 posts, read 1,909,833 times
I disagree with Kazoopilot since I live in the same area as he/she. Usually if a person is going the speed limit they are being passed, school zone or not, or being tailed for going the correct speed and getting the finger all at once. If they are going under the speed limit, they are either elderly citizens making their rare rounds about the area or they are not from this area. Whenever I'm visiting another town or state, I go slow because I'm not familiar with the territory, otherwise I go the speed limit.
And regardless where in this country someone flips you off, honks their horn, or passes you while you are going the speed limit, it is now a common thing to happen due to the impatience of us all. It's the new way to drive these days. I feel sorry for my children when they grow up to be legally driving. I do not wish of what they will encounter on the roads. I'm already fearful of what they might see or happen to them.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:13 AM

1,319 posts, read 4,241,506 times
I never exceed the speed limit while in Wyoming. I have been pulled over too many times there for going only few mph over the limit. Wyo has some truly insipid speed limits. The daddy of all stupid speed limits is in Cheyenne on Lincolnway near and in downtown; 20mph. When I ran track in college I could run faster than that.
20 mph on a boulevard is for the sole purpose of police adding to the city's treasury when the budget is having problems.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:21 PM

207 posts, read 714,374 times
Default speaking of fingers

(off topic)
did you know that the reason why the Indians hold up all five fingers when they meet someone is because they want to show that they only have 5 fingers per hand. This is because in ancient times the giants used to have 6 digits per hand/foot and 2 rows of teeth. These giants had superhuman strength and were canibals. They also used humans for sacrifice in Mayan culture. That's why the steps of the ziggarats were so big.

Genesis 6 GIANTS (http://www.stevequayle.com/Giants/index2.html - broken link)

Old 10-27-2009, 02:10 PM

6 posts, read 12,024 times
I was born and raised in Southern California. I moved here the ending of April. Californians drive horible! I even comment when I see a California plated car...stupid California driver LOL. You kind of have to drive offensivly in Calia, if not...you will get ran over!

Old 10-27-2009, 11:11 PM

15 posts, read 61,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPhoenix View Post
The daddy of all stupid speed limits is in Cheyenne on Lincolnway near and in downtown; 20mph. When I ran track in college I could run faster than that.
20 mph on a boulevard is for the sole purpose of police adding to the city's treasury when the budget is having problems.
That's not why it's 20mph, it's because downtown is supposed to be full of tourists.

I agree though that we have some really stupid areas with low speed limits. The biggest problem I had when moving here is that the speed limit signs are few and far between. That said, I've never been pulled over for speeding, I usually only do about 5 over though.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:02 AM

992 posts, read 2,372,457 times
I agree, the speed limit signs are few and far between, but I like to take it easy on the pedal anyhow. I lived in Houston too long where I was always in a hurry, speeding, changing lanes, tailgating, and all of those nasty things that city drivers fall prey to.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:12 PM

1,319 posts, read 4,241,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dthoffsett View Post
That's not why it's 20mph, it's because downtown is supposed to be full of tourists.

I agree though that we have some really stupid areas with low speed limits. The biggest problem I had when moving here is that the speed limit signs are few and far between. That said, I've never been pulled over for speeding, I usually only do about 5 over though.
I'm in Cheyenne at least once a year for the past 15 years. It's never been full of anything. Except maybe a lot of empty storefronts.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:32 PM

309 posts, read 990,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPhoenix View Post
I'm in Cheyenne at least once a year for the past 15 years. It's never been full of anything. Except maybe a lot of empty storefronts.
Even during the Frontier Days - the only thing filled is the town jail!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
View detailed profiles of: