Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2006, 04:13 PM

3 posts, read 14,243 times

Advertisements

I have been looking for work in wyoming, I lived there when I was very young. My parents got divorced and I was forced to live in Utah mad: . Well now I would like to move my family back to Wyoming. It looks as if there is plenty of oppritunities in the oil, gas and mining fields. Does anyone know what hours. wages, and benifits these jobs have, and of any openings. Any info would be greatly appriciated. Also are there many lease to own options on houses out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2006, 05:56 PM

Location: Gillette, WY, Layton, UT, Alameda, CA, Fairfield, CA, Fort Collins, CO, Denver, CO, Chandler, AZ
31 posts, read 150,582 times
J-mail
Gillette is desparate for workers in everyway. Problem is there are limited place to live right now. There is at least 2500 homes that are looking to be built by next year. Of course, they need workers who need housing, so you can see the catch-22. Check out the www.gillettenewsrecord.com or any of the companies in Gillette website. Three powerplants, another coal mine, expansion of the railroads, housing are some the areas available. I don't know what your looking for, but I am sure there an opening. Check out my post on the next page for wages. Just remember Gillette Cost of Living is 107 right now and since I moved from Layton. I can tell you the sticker shock I had when I got here. Although, Highway patrol officier was diffently more friendlier than Utah since we must of talk for about 30 minutes (mostly about bucks).:-) Spent last weekend on the BigHorn at Meadowlark Lake and I was surprised of few people I saw there which made me happy to be back in Wyoming.

Old 07-19-2006, 09:24 PM

6 posts, read 15,559 times
just like wildman said, gillette is in desperate need of workers. if you want to find a home, go to powder river homes or millenium homes you can get a land home package for a reasonably good price. but just be expecting a good 4-5 month wait, unless you go to millenium homes and they have homes ready to buy already on the land.

Old 07-20-2006, 09:24 AM

3 posts, read 14,243 times
I will need to rent first, Is it possible to rent out there. Are there any cheap R.V. camp sites.

Old 07-21-2006, 02:00 PM

33 posts, read 213,623 times
Not from Gillette but that is the fastest town in Wyoming right now. But everywhere in Wyoming is hurting for workers. But you should be able to find RV sites where ever you deside to go. But renting houses or apt can be tough. Not as bad here in Casper as it would be in Gillette...

Old 07-24-2006, 05:27 PM

Location: Gillette, WY, Layton, UT, Alameda, CA, Fairfield, CA, Fort Collins, CO, Denver, CO, Chandler, AZ
31 posts, read 150,582 times
Default 2 out 1244

apartments are for rent. .012 percent!!! RV's spaces are full except for Camplex Event Center, but do not know the specifics on how to acquire a spot. I believe RV's spots are running 37.00 / day. The city is looking to change some rules to allow RV's in mobile home parks, but probably two months away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming