Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2009, 09:02 AM

424 posts, read 2,334,782 times

Advertisements

are these streets crazy busy (both cars AND pedestrians?) and I shouldn't buy a house on this corner, even though it's a good price? Thanks for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 11:37 AM

16,787 posts, read 48,839,394 times
I just looked at the location in Google maps street view, zooming all the way down into street view, I situated my point of view in the middle of the intersection and you can see down both streets for several blocks. I saw only one car in each direction and no one walking on the sidewalks. The sun was high so it was around mid day. The intersection does have a traffic control light so it must be busy enough at some times of the day to have earned that.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:37 PM

117 posts, read 524,965 times
The pedestrian traffic will be relatively light. The vehicle traffic will be moderate. Harney is a main east-west street, and 9th is a main north-south route (mainly because it is the first street on the west side of the University that goes through; 10th-17th all dead end at the University). I wouldn't be concerned myself there as I would with say, Grand. But, it is two main streets intersecting.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:17 PM

424 posts, read 2,334,782 times
thanks for the input. I have 3 small kids and a little dog, but there is a fence around the yard so I think that'd help the safety for them. The privacy would be an issue though, as anybody walking or driving by could see us in the yard. and I would wonder about pulling in and out of the driveway on Harney, but maybe if I just avoid rush-hour times, it wouldn't be bad? We viewed the house about 5pm one day and the traffic was pretty busy, but maybe it's not like that the rest of the day?

Old 12-04-2009, 01:00 AM

117 posts, read 524,965 times
It is absolutely not like that the rest of the day. If you can allow yourself 30 seconds of extra time, the driveway won't be a problem. During the cycling of the lights, you would have ample time to move about. If you're concerned about people seeing you / your kids in the yard, then this is not the place for you. There is enough traffic that you will be bothered by it. However, you will learn quickly (if you aren't from Wyoming) that Wyoming people stare. A lot. Everywhere. It's something you'd likely have to get used to no matter the location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming