Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 02:46 PM

380 posts, read 1,145,478 times

Advertisements

Texans. Here is how it all really started on the "hate" of Texans. When I moved from WY. to Southern CA. a long, long, time ago..... I told them I was from Wyoming. Surprised they asked where is my accent? I said oh "those people" are from Texas.
And so the word spread far and wide and so my friend that is how it all started yall.

Last edited by Claim Jumper; 01-04-2010 at 03:09 PM..

Old 01-04-2010, 04:22 PM

992 posts, read 2,373,063 times
I was told today to "take my a** back to TX". In front of my daughter's school...because she thought my vehicle was blocking her. It wasn't. This is the 2nd time this heifer has made my home state an issue.
Still don't understand hating someone b/c of where they're from. Don't understand it...I didn't see this type of treatment when I was in TX or AL.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:07 PM

1,393 posts, read 3,173,548 times
Hm.. she doesn't sound like a nice person. Just a question though.. do you still have Texas license plates on your vehicle? If so, perhaps changing them would be in order. And as they say, turn the other cheek. Not everyone in this world is rude. Perhaps her ex is from Texas or something that makes her biased.

Anyway, I hope that you realise that not everyone in Wyoming is that way, even if you are from Texas. Don't let her get under your skin

Old 01-04-2010, 05:38 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,177,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
I was told today to "take my a** back to TX". In front of my daughter's school...because she thought my vehicle was blocking her. It wasn't. This is the 2nd time this heifer has made my home state an issue.
Still don't understand hating someone b/c of where they're from. Don't understand it...I didn't see this type of treatment when I was in TX or AL.
Really sorry to hear of this type of treatment towards a new neighbor.

Apparently, the "heifer" "lady" (I use the term loosely at times) has a problem that isn't yours. Perhaps she isn't a very good driver and needs a lot more space to maneuver her vehicle than you think she does, so give her a wide berth as needed in the future.

FL does have a point, however ... if you've been here more than 30 days, it's past time to get your Wyoming car license plates/registration and driver's license if you haven't done so already. It's one of those small steps towards becoming a Wyoming resident and some folk around here will notice if you haven't.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:44 PM

126 posts, read 381,744 times
Quote:

Sounds to me like she is just hateful. It wouldn't matter where you are from.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:57 PM

203 posts, read 712,894 times
Quote:

I would just smile and just ignore her, even better say "Thank You". Whatever she says to you just say "Thank You", chances are it will infuriate her but she won't be able to respond because you are not playing her game.
or...
you could say, "I am sorry I don't speak fat cow" but that is only my id speaking

Just hold on, it will get better. I do miss not having a Target or a truly legit mall nearby (The nearest one for me is Denver), but when we do get to the big cities nothing stops me from buying. We were in Denver on Sat and I truly spent a whole paycheck at Whole Paycheck (Whole Foods) I did not regret it. Hugs to you.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:49 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,231,509 times
Yanno, I've lived in Gillette for almost 39 years and never knew of any hostilities to Texans or any other state. I just read something the other day about people from California and Michigan being stereotyped in Gillette. I mean, Texans and Californians get raked over the coals everywhere in the country, but it's usually just good-humored fun -- like we do to South Dakotans here -- little jabs just because there are so many of them amongst us. "South Dakota just purchased a septic tank manufacturing plant, and as soon as they get enough tanks built they plan to invade Wyoming."

It's hard for me to believe or understand why anyone would honestly dislike anyone else simply because they're from a particular state. That's just nuts! Especially Texicans. Heck, they're just like Wyomingites except they don't grow as much wool. Maybe that's what it's all about.... Lot's of oil drillers moved here from Texas for work in our oil fields.

At any rate, I'm sure sorry to hear about your experiences, CrazyMom. I still don't think it's so much because you're from Texas, but just because you've run into some angry people who see your license plate and use it to identify you. I'll bet it would be worse if you had Colorado plates.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:01 AM

1,133 posts, read 1,349,753 times
septoqueen: I'm confused here...it says you live in Gillette, and you mentioned going to Denver to go shopping......really ?

Old 01-06-2010, 09:05 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,418,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Yanno, I've lived in Gillette for almost 39 years and never knew of any hostilities to Texans or any other state.
Ditto (though Lander and 1974~1993 when I left for college in MT, then 2005~2009). Well, there were always those "Damn Greenies" on the roads (CO Plates) who didn't drive like my dad wanted... and I harbor those same feelings for Cali plated cars, but it's not a hate of the people, just their inability to drive. Even then, it's only the Bad drivers that are noticed. NEVER did I ever hear ANY negatives about TX whole growing up in Wyoming.

I, too, am upset that ANYONE in Wyoming would treat you that way. But she's most likely a transplant herself. I suspect that since she's making a habit of this poor behavior, and in front of the school that you might be able to have the School administration step in and remind her that her behavior is unacceptable.

Brian

Old 01-07-2010, 04:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,932 times
I'm just glad I found this computer. The little handle on the side, that you crank to get the battery charged, sure does come in handy, since electricity is purty scarce out here. I've been stuck out here for nigh-on to 28 years now, all because of a failed business deal. I came all the way out here from Tennessee to sell some livestock, and I had planned to just collect my money and head on back to the Tennessee hills. I still think that guy was just a crooked, lyin' you-know-what. The excuse he gave me for welching on the deal just didn't sound true. He told me his cow just died, so he didn't need my bull. Well, I gotta go try to set up a couple wire-noose traps, to see if I can catch me a jackalope or two fer dinner. Ya'll take care, and if ennybody hears when the next freight- wagon leaves fer back east, leave me a note inside the hollow on the old cottonwood tree just east of town. Thanky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming