Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 06:53 PM

49 posts, read 96,523 times

Advertisements

My family is considering a move to Cheyenne and I am wondering if anyone has children in the elementary and/or junior high schools. Both of my kids would still be in elementary school next year, but one would start jr high the next. I've heard good and bad about Cheyenne schools, that they are drug-ridden (compared to where I'm not sure) with lots of bullies. Others say they are wonderful with lots of cultural and other opportunities.

My kids currently attend a very small, safe, rural school but I'm actually excited about opportunities a bigger school offers. We have little drugs, but plenty of alcohol abuse among our teens that seems to be condoned among the adults. If you aren't an athlete in our school, you are invisible with limited opportunities for non-athletes. But it is safe. . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 06:59 PM

8 posts, read 13,333 times
Thumbs down Wyoming Schools

LCSD#1 is a horrible school district. My son is autistic and we have so many problems with the district and the people are very rude and unkind. My oldest daughter had many problems at the secondary levels, with the same problems: if you don't play sports you will be ignored by the administration. This district is very behind scholastically, when we first moved her some of the material my daughter had covered in first grade wasn't being taught until 3rd or 4th grade. The student to teacher ratio are large which leaves students that need special assistance with none. Several teachers have requested, several times, for items for the classroom to be denied. For high school, they are lacking in SEVERAL departments. As usual music and art programs are typically ignored and even proms are done poorly from lack of funding from the school because they are too busy paying for athletics. Overall, I would NOT recommend coming here because my family are trying to get out. The school district is just one of the many problems here. The wind is unbearable, winter is a majority of the year and its miserable. Fall and Spring pretty much don't exist and there is not much to do around here. Hardly any jobs and really no future for businesses to come here, and if your a nurse- forget it. Prices of housing is high considering what you get, the health care here is really inadequate. I wouldn't do it. Really research make sure this is what you guys want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming