Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2010, 03:43 PM

26 posts, read 165,751 times

Advertisements

I have thoroughly read the forums for many states. Though I have decided Wyoming isn't right for me, the Wyoming forum seems to have by FAR the nicest people. You all do the state proud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 10:42 PM

88 posts, read 301,192 times
I must agree. I have posted on several state forums, but this has got to be the best on here......

Nicest people and very welcoming!

Old 01-13-2010, 11:05 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Thank you. You'll find that most folks in Wyoming are very straight forward and honest. They won't tell you what you want to hear, they'll tell you the truth. It's kind of the "Old West" mantality.

I'm an implant. But I came to Wyoming back in 1972 when we introduced the Interstate to Wyoming. I decided right then there that I was home.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:25 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times
And I came the year before ElkHunter... in a covered wagon.

I've certainly found the Wyoming forum friendly, just like the neighbors on my street. Thankfully the regulars are all civil at least, and most visitors seem that way too. But I've seen that in most of the state forums. Stick your head in the politics forum and it might get bitten off.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:28 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,589,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssouina View Post
I have thoroughly read the forums for many states. Though I have decided Wyoming isn't right for me, the Wyoming forum seems to have by FAR the nicest people. You all do the state proud.
I must admit that I also agree. I've found almost everyone on the Wyoming forum to be quite nice, even when they tell you what you don't want to hear!

They're also quite helpful, unlike those on some of the other states' forums.

As an example, on the California forum I've seen many comments about Bakersfield that said something like "Don't go there, you'll regret it." That's all they write. There is no information to support the reason for their post. I've seen it many times there.

On the Wyoming forum, if something negative is stated about some place in Wyoming, there is always a basis as to why the poster stated what they did.

I don't even live in Wyoming (at the moment), but I spend more time in the Wyoming forum than I do anywhere else. I do own property there, though, so I have a vested interest in what happens in Wyoming, and I do plan to move there when I retire.

Edit: For those that might worry about another transplant - for the record, I love Wyoming the way it is, and I don't want to change it.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:24 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
I have to agree with Jdavid. I may not like you, but I'll never steer you wrong on how to survive in Wyoming. But then again, I haven't found anybody I didn't like. Cept that one california guy that wanted to rewrite the convenance.....

Old 01-14-2010, 05:35 AM

36 posts, read 140,992 times
Out of all the places Ive lived so far, I still like Wyoming the best, which I was Im trying hard to get back there.Ill always call WY home,spent most of my life there, and in person has a lot nicer a populus overall.Now the area Im in now, compares in now way,lol..I need not say more.Heres hoping I get to come home soon.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:15 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,218,022 times
Quote:
Thank you! We are very proud of our state and I agree that there are some of the nicest people in the world here! We appreciate your comments

Old 01-17-2010, 01:34 AM

1,466 posts, read 4,055,498 times
Thanks I agree ssouina, some very nice folks out here. Some of the nicest I have ever met. We moved out to Wyoming in 2007.

A newer neighbor we hadn't yet met, the other day knocked on our door to come and say hello and introduce himself. He noticed our truck we had a battery die. So his way of saying hello was by bringing us over a brand new battery! I am still so surprised and humbled by the whole experience, it was the nicest thing we have ever had someone do.

That is how people are out here though, they will give you the shirt off their backs, people like to help each other out here, everyone knows each other, your word means something, and it is just a nice small town feeling

Old 01-17-2010, 09:53 AM

89 posts, read 253,046 times
Quote:

Thank you for recognizing what we treasure about our State, it's People. I too, like many others, am a transplant, albeit a more recent one (2005). My wife and searched for almost 10 years after I left the Navy for a place to call home and raise a family with the values that we both held near and dear to our hearts. After visiting here many times during those 10 years, we realized it was staring us in the face. We fought, struggled, and made sacrifices to eventually get here, knowing THIS is where we wanted to be. It wasn't an easy transition, many family and friends didn't understand why we came here, many still don't. But that's ok, because we DO!!!!!!

There isn't a lot of fluff and pomp, for the most part, in Wyoming. We tend to be straight forward and honest. Sometimes brutally so, and committed to our way of life and resist ferociously against anyone threatening to change it. If change is good for you, that's fine. But don't force it down our throats or you might find an unwelcome response. Again, brutally honest. Candy coating unpleasant realities just doesn't cut it around here.

We welcome all, and if you can handle it, invite you stay for a bit. It's just the way we are, and the way we live our life. You don't really need to worry about that rusty (or shiny new) pickup truck with a gun-rack in the window. Unless you "draw first", it' probably won't come out of that rack until hunting season or a critter is messing with the livestock, family pets, or the children. At that point, well, whatever "it" is, is in a bind

But no, it's not for everyone, and that is ok. We'll still wave and "howdie", although there a few folks here that still just don't "get it" Funny thing though, they'll either figure it out, or leave. And that's ok too.

Have a great day, and welcome, to Wonderful Wyoming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming