U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 07:33 PM

3,130 posts, read 4,957,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckmommy View Post
my family and I are new here. we are non-lds and our children are ostricized about everything from the color of her skin to the obvious religous prefernce. don't do it!
gee when you pull our tails we gore you with our horns
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 07:36 PM

304 posts, read 835,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckmommy View Post
my family and I are new here. we are non-lds and our children are ostricized about everything from the color of her skin to the obvious religous prefernce. don't do it!
I'm really sorry you are experiencing this. What community are you living in? I'm non LDS and grew up in Lovell and it was tuff and confusing. I think folks that aren't familiar with anything else don't recognize it. Hope it gets better for you.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,340 times
Start a play group-join the PTA-volenteer at the library-make a place for yourself-i have not seen discrimination for skin color here, anymre than other areas-my son is disabled, and we have made a plàce here. We are notLDS, but we are not intolerent of THEM either. If you find Utopia let us know. Life takes work.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,149 times
Default star valley non-LDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmon View Post
I know this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find any postings from anyone in/around Afton that has non-LDS children...

My husband and I are thinking of moving there (we have jobs) but are non-LDS and have small children. I have heard strange things about how non-LDS kids are treated in school, in primarily LDS communities. We are pretty much live and let live, small town kind of people, and LOVE the outdoors, but I couldn't bring my kids up in a place where they will be ostracized because of religion.

So any non-LDS parents out there in Star Valley want to chime in?

I'd appreciate it!
I would recomend that any non-LDS person REALLY think it through before moving to star valley. I would not recomend it.

We lived in star valley for 5 years and we have kids and are not LDS. We just recently moved out of Star valley. We go to a non-denominational Christian church. Although they were"nice" to my kids they were never accepted. As adults we struggled to fit in. The LDS peopel are all in to their huge families and really don't need people from outside their families becasue they get adult and kids to socialize with from within theri own families. . I felt like I was in a foreign land. My kids hated it. THEY JUDGE EVERYTHING YOU DO! I have since met LDS people outside Star Valley and they are not as weird as LDS in Star Valley. I think it is the remote-ness of the area and no outside influence in the area that makes them all weird. Star Valley is beautiful but tough if you are not LDS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming