Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 01:43 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,599,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTO Luv View Post
While in Cody a few weeks ago at a bar a guy I was met asked me if I wanted to go use with him. I declined. He was a WY native and said he had actually just got out of jail for drugs a few weeks prior.
More likely an undercover cop or an informer.We do have them here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 01:52 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,618,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Highly doubtful. We did roll a few joints behind the bar so if he was supposed to have arrested me he forgot about it.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:00 AM

Quote:
While in Cody a few weeks ago at a bar a guy I was met asked me if I wanted to go use with him. I declined. He was a WY native and said he had actually just got out of jail for drugs a few weeks prior.
Quote:
Quote:
Highly doubtful. We did roll a few joints behind the bar so if he was supposed to have arrested me he forgot about it.

You originally said that you declined to use drugs with him. Now you are saying that you did use drugs with him. It can't be both yes and no at the same time. Perhaps this incident never took place.

Last edited by Happy in Wyoming; 05-05-2010 at 02:10 AM..

Old 05-05-2010, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post

My thoughts are that if they bust every user they can, pretty soon the source doesn't have anybody to sell to and will move on. Users will be afraid of getting caught. But that's just my opinion and my opinion doesn't set the precidence.
Singapore has draconian criminal laws. They still have crime, but not much.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:28 AM

1,362 posts, read 4,618,278 times
Quote:
You originally said that you declined to use drugs with him. Now you are saying that you did use drugs with him. It can't be both yes and no at the same time. Perhaps this incident never took place.
I'll clarify. The discussion was about meth and that's what he asked me if I wanted to go do with him. I declined but the second story did take place. I would never use meth, a plant is another story.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:33 PM

157 posts, read 329,536 times
Quote:

It's entrapment if a cop asks you to go use drugs or commit any other crime.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ct_bow View Post
It's entrapment if a cop asks you to go use drugs or commit any other crime.

And they do do it. The Hutaree folks found out the hard way. Now they're going to go to prison for most of the rest of their lives. They didn't even do anything. But they talked about it.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:05 AM

758 posts, read 2,240,758 times
Quote:
Singapore has draconian criminal laws. They still have crime, but not much.
Singapore's low crime rate isn't due just to their draconian laws. I went to singapore about 2 yrs ago, and I was there for a month. I NEVER saw a single police officer. When I asked a singaporean about this, he said, "we don't need them... there's an inner police officer in all of us." lol

It's all about the people that live in the area , not necessarily the drug laws. The Netherlands has legal marijuana, yet addiction or even high incidence of drug use is rare

Old 05-09-2010, 08:45 PM

24 posts, read 82,149 times
I just moved to Wyoming from Missouri. The KC area to be specific. And what those statistics don't point out is that the county I lived in in Missouri, Jackson County, has a population of over700,000 people. The COUNTY has more people than the entire state of Wyoming.

And for the record, I never saw a Meth billboard until I moved to Casper. Attractive, aren't they?

Old 05-09-2010, 09:06 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,231,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteG View Post
I just moved to Wyoming from Missouri. The KC area to be specific. And what those statistics don't point out is that the county I lived in in Missouri, Jackson County, has a population of over700,000 people. The COUNTY has more people than the entire state of Wyoming.
My late wife moved to Gillette from New Jersey. In square miles, NJ is about half the size of Campbell County, but it has 8,700,000 people! (And most of 'em are in a hurry!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming