Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 08:29 PM

1,393 posts, read 3,173,323 times

Advertisements

well a good reason to wear a seatbelt, especially if you have your little guy in the car.. is you could become a flying projectile if the car rolled and could kill or seriously injure someone..not to mention yourself. My husbands brother died in a rollover at 18 because he was ejected and the vehicle rolled on him. You have a little one whom is, from what you've posted, the center of your world. Do him a favor and buckle up. The life you save could be your own just my personal opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 12:20 PM

26 posts, read 40,174 times
Oh I know. My little guy. Well let me tell you part of the reason I don't think of putting the belt on... I was thrown out of a ford ranger when I was 17 and I wasn't wearing my seatbelt but if I had, I would have been crushed and killed. It was if my entire section of the truck has just been smashed down. Very odd. And I know that this isn't what usually happens but it happened to me and ever since I just either put it on or I don't. But yes, my son and that 81 dollar ticket are going to ensure that I wear it from now on.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:44 AM

46 posts, read 134,321 times
Its a matter of playing the odds isn't it? A good friend of mine is in the Florida highway patrol and he has told me that what they say about accidents and seat belts is absolutely true. That the percentages of doing betting with a seatbelt is way in the favor of the user!

Of course he also told me the Dallas Cowboys would go all the last year so there you go!

Harry

Old 03-24-2010, 02:48 PM

992 posts, read 2,372,908 times
My car fusses at me if mine's not on, or anyone else's for that matter.

We got a ticket in WY because my 6 year old was not in a car seat...we were on a long drive and she got off her booster so she could nap and the highway patrolman looked into my van, asked how old she was (she was sound asleep) and wrote us a ticket. She's always in her seat and buckled now!

If you want to live in a small town, get ready for everyone knowing your business. I know you say you want someone to tell you if your child is acting up. They'll do that and even more! Just sayin'...the gossip and busybody factor can be HIGH in a small town. If you're an open book, then I suppose it's no biggie, but if you like your privacy (but be careful because you can be labeled as snobby) then don't do anything or say anything you wouldn't want announced on a Sunday morning at church!

Speaking from experience...

Old 03-24-2010, 06:25 PM

Ha! I love it! You know, I am not a perfect person but anyone who knows me can tell you that what you see and hear is exactly what you get. I am an open book but I know what to tell and what not to tell. I'm not looking for a super small town, just some nice place you know.

My dad told me today one of his hunting buddy lives in Sheridan, he says he loves it. The seatbelt thing is just all wonky these days. I remember as a child bouncing around in the backseat of my parents nova and I am just fine! However, we are really sick of the drugs and the lack of morals around these parts.

I suppose had I not been a druggie myself in the past I wouldn't notice all the druggies around me, but I'm happy for my experiences. I saw two women today in the gas station and you could just tell they were tweekers. They had two little kids with them and I felt so bad for those kids, standing there next to their mothers while their mothers worked their jaws back and forth a mile a minute and were barely able to get out a full sentence without sounding like they were from a foreign country.

It's really sad and most often times it just pisses me off. One of these days I'm going to say something and then we'll have a real problem on our hands so I figure just move to where that sort of thing is less prominant and we'll be good.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:36 PM

258 posts, read 1,000,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb_wy View Post
Not sure what "Wyoming material" is, but I don't think I was either 17 years ago when I moved to WY from the soon-to-be-overcrowded front range of Colorado. I'm still here 17 years later. . . . . . .must tell you something. Shhhhhhh....we don't want everyone knowing how nice life can be here.
I'm wondering what outsiders think Wyoming people 'look like'? When the original poster says that to look at her she isn't Wyoming material, I've gotta wonder what Wyoming people are 'supposed' to look like? I moved there from Michigan in 1991 (moved back to MI in 2003 .....don't ask!) and don't think I had a Michigan "look", but you never know!

Old 03-25-2010, 06:25 PM

I don't have any ideas of what Wyomians look like, but I could definitely see me walking into some general store and everyone dropping their groceries. To be quite honest I love towns like that. I don't mind people staring, once they get to know me they hardly see the tattoos at all.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:03 AM

99 posts, read 245,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dori36 View Post
I'm wondering what outsiders think Wyoming people 'look like'? When the original poster says that to look at her she isn't Wyoming material, I've gotta wonder what Wyoming people are 'supposed' to look like? I moved there from Michigan in 1991 (moved back to MI in 2003 .....don't ask!) and don't think I had a Michigan "look", but you never know!
When I moved from Ohio to Texas 25 years ago I was teased unmercifully about being a Yankee. One co-worker won my appreciation by telling them, "Nope. 'Yankee' is an attitude and Ann doesn't have one."

So if anyone figures out what Wyoming folks are supposed to look like, let me know so I can blend in!

Old 03-26-2010, 06:43 AM

49 posts, read 96,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dori36 View Post
I think not being "Wyoming material" for me had more to do with understanding and appreciating the climate and culture rather than any type of a "look". Doesn't take long to fit in and appreciate it, though.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:18 AM

1,872 posts, read 4,219,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caragarrett View Post
I don't have any ideas of what Wyomians look like, but I could definitely see me walking into some general store and everyone dropping their groceries. To be quite honest I love towns like that. I don't mind people staring, once they get to know me they hardly see the tattoos at all.
I don't know what we are supposed to look like, either! Maybe people think we still look like the people on Gunsmoke or Bonanza!!! However, I've never heard of us being called Wyomians. It's always been "Wyomingites"!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming