Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 11:39 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOU-CANT-EAT-SCENERY View Post
My wife wants to know what kind of hay it is? Here we have Timothy, Orchard, Alfalfa.
That seems to be a good price. Lot better than here. Grass is $14 plus a bale for mixed.

She'll have a cow if she can't have her horses on her property

We have 3 horses. 1 is a mare and 2 are geldings....quarter horses. We also have 2 mini's not sure what they're good for.

We also have a bunch of chickens....14+

Other than that, it's just dogs.

Wouldn't mind living in Sheridan. Too bad it's to far of a commute to Greybull.
Well, there are two Percherons that think they are going a short distance. Actually they are headed for Skagway Alaska from here. Check my profile.

The hay is Alfalfa and it's good.

I know horses. We only got 340 miles out of the first set of shoes. Long range, don't you know. hahaha

To have some livestock is normally not a problem. There are a lot of places to rent out that will allow that.

Yes. Sheridan is way to far to commute. But there are a lot of places to check out in Greybull area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 09:06 AM

777 posts, read 3,196,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Greybull could be a great place to live if you are comfortable with small towns. Or commuting in for the job from any other location in the basin, such as Cody that you mentioned.

I grew up in Lovell, and we regularly trounced Greybull in football and basketball. So its an OK place as long as you don't mind being second place.

There is some good information on the community here; Greybull, Wyoming, Heart of the Big Horn Basin
I don't know if you're familiar with the Norco area here, but it about as "small town" as you can get in SoCal whilst still being in the big city. I could easily deal with small town, since I never go anywhere or do anything other than work anyway

My wife did find a horse property rental in Cody for $950/Mo which is pretty cheap...at least compared to here. Here it would be upwards of $2000/mo for a half acre with a house.

Speaking of Lovell, Cody etc, how do they view outsiders, and non LDS folks? I hear it can be difficult to make friends because of this. The LDS people here are very friendly, so it seems like it shouldn't be a problem. In fact my son is in Boy Scouts here through the LDS church, and they welcome him with open arms. My wife and I are Catholic.....not very good practicing ones though, I'm afraid

Thanks for the link I think my wife was checking that out the other day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Well, there are two Percherons that think they are going a short distance. Actually they are headed for Skagway Alaska from here. Check my profile.

The hay is Alfalfa and it's good.

I know horses. We only got 340 miles out of the first set of shoes. Long range, don't you know. hahaha

To have some livestock is normally not a problem. There are a lot of places to rent out that will allow that.

Yes. Sheridan is way to far to commute. But there are a lot of places to check out in Greybull area.
If I get the word, my wife and I will high tail it up there to look around and see what we can find.

My wife is actually hoping to land a job on a ranch as a helper, to take care of livestock etc. She really, really love animals....sometimes I think more than me She would ride her horses everyday if she could, I can't say the same for me

Are there restrictions on the amount of livestock/acre? Here you can have 6 hoofed animals per acre I think.....although most have more, but nobody checks.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:38 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
I've never heard of any restrictions on "Per acre critters" although there might be. We have 4 horses on 3 acres here and nobody has ever said a word. But we feed year round.

How do they classify bording stables there?

Old 06-04-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
I've never heard of any restrictions on "Per acre critters" although there might be. We have 4 horses on 3 acres here and nobody has ever said a word. But we feed year round.

How do they classify bording stables there?
I'm not really sure how they classify them. We don't board our horses, we have them on our own property. Our neighbor behind us has a boarding facility. It's maybe 2 1/2 acres. Not really sure how many horses they have there, but it's quite a few. They are advertising that they have stalls available right now though.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Check my profile.
Now that looks like a great time. My wife would probably love that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming