U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2010, 11:54 AM

704 posts, read 1,937,828 times

Advertisements

two neighbors, one has two dogs in a cage, the other has two dogs that run free.

any action can be taken to stop them from barking?

Isn't the noise the same as loud music, etc. and subject to police scrutiny?

I don't see how the people living there can stand to hear their dogs bark all the time....

and an hour without stopping is like all the time, you wonder if it will ever end.

Dogs like to bark at each other among other things.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 04:23 PM

any anti barking laws in Rock Hill?

Old 07-29-2010, 10:07 PM

174 posts, read 468,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naeem5 View Post
any anti barking laws in Rock Hill?
Yes...Barking Dog

Old 07-30-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulamb View Post
thanks.

I searched Google with "anti-barking laws in s.c." and found a good site that explains how barking can cause serious medical problems to the people who have to listen to it chronically. It can affect their ability to work, etc. It gave links to the type lawyer to help you, etc. The whole works.

However on an anti barking forum, everyone agreed the anti barking laws are rarely enforced (how?) and if the owners of the dogs get a 1% sniffing that their dogs bother you, it will get twice as bad, and you may be forced to move, as your only way to escape.

I have never lived next door, or near any barking dogs, as they were not allowed outside. And inside dogs won't bark because the owner won't want to hear it for hours on end when the dog is 5-15 feet away.

I'm moving to a new house and the dogs are caged closer to my bedroom that their owner's bedroom.

I'll have to search the Rock Hil codes on noise but if it is the same way as "noise like music that can be heard from 30 feet away only between the hours of 11pm and 7am" then it seems dim getting help from the police.

I've been forced to call them 8-10 times after listening to loud music from 9pm to 2am, night after night. I call the police and when they finally get there, if they come at all, many times it takes them over 30 minutes, the music has stopped and they think I'm crying wolf. And they won't come back.

The offenders see the headlights of the police car coming and turn the music off and there is no noise when the police arrive.
I found that the police do not like to respond to such complaints.
They take forever to arrive. Sometimes they do not come at all, and if you call back you will may be lied to, and told YES they came out.
NO they did not, I was sitting on my porch for over 30 minutes at 1 am.

They warn them the first time, and at some point can fine them $25.

If all these 4 dogs were inside dogs there would be no problem.
2 are couped up in a cage right at the corner of 3 lots and it is 20 feet from my bedroom. I would not personally own a dog if they had to spend their whole life in a cage.

The owner's work, so they are not exposed to the barking during the day.

I'm finding alot of info that says the police are your least likely help and your best solution is to move., This should not be the way it is.

I'm buying this house from a bank and would have to pay them $5000 if I sold the place within 12 months, so I'm stuck if these dogs are a problem.
I've been to the house many times with the real estate agent and the dogs are always barking. Their owner's are used to it and don't care.
It's their loveable adorable pet.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:42 AM

Stop Dog Barking with the Dog Silencer Pro - Safe, Humane Anti Bark Control Product

Old 08-26-2010, 10:31 AM

12,343 posts, read 17,221,049 times
Hs anyone used the above device?
It
says
good up to 100 feet, and these dogs I have are only
25-30 feet away = sounds good.
But, it says it does not work on all dogs = not so good.
Then it says it might take 2-3 weeks to work = not so good with the warranty only 30 days.
It's worth the expense in my case.

Wondered if anyone had tried it?

Old 08-26-2010, 03:48 PM

13,949 posts, read 12,908,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naeem5 View Post

I'm moving to a new house and the dogs are caged closer to my bedroom that their owner's bedroom.

I'll have to search the Rock Hil codes on noise but if it is the same way as "noise like music that can be heard from 30 feet away only between the hours of 11pm and 7am" then it seems dim getting help from the police.

I've been forced to call them 8-10 times after listening to loud music from 9pm to 2am, night after night. I call the police and when they finally get there, if they come at all, many times it takes them over 30 minutes, the music has stopped and they think I'm crying wolf. And they won't come back.

The offenders see the headlights of the police car coming and turn the music off and there is no noise when the police arrive.
I found that the police do not like to respond to such complaints.
They take forever to arrive. Sometimes they do not come at all, and if you call back you will may be lied to, and told YES they came out.
NO they did not, I was sitting on my porch for over 30 minutes at 1 am.

They warn them the first time, and at some point can fine them $25.

If all these 4 dogs were inside dogs there would be no problem.
2 are couped up in a cage right at the corner of 3 lots and it is 20 feet from my bedroom. I would not personally own a dog if they had to spend their whole life in a cage.

The owner's work, so they are not exposed to the barking during the day.

I'm finding alot of info that says the police are your least likely help and your best solution is to move., This should not be the way it is.

I'm buying this house from a bank and would have to pay them $5000 if I sold the place within 12 months, so I'm stuck if these dogs are a problem.
I've been to the house many times with the real estate agent and the dogs are always barking. Their owner's are used to it and don't care.
It's their loveable adorable pet.
You need to look for another house if you haven't already closed on the deal. If you complain to the owner's, they aren't going to be happy with you. You're the new kid. Their life was fine until you showed up.

As for the cops showing up because of loud music late at night, ummmm don't you think they have better things to be doing at 1 am? Like watching for drunk drivers, drug deals, prostitution, robberies, etc? You may not like the noise, but they also have rights. Maybe get an iPod and sleep with the earbuds in.

You certainly do have a lot of noise issues with this house. I really would look for somewhere else to live. Chances are that the noise isn't going to stop because you arrive. In fact, things might get worse if you complain.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:53 AM

1 posts, read 8,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555
It
says
good up to 100 feet, and these dogs I have are only
25-30 feet away = sounds good.
But, it says it does not work on all dogs = not so good.
Then it says it might take 2-3 weeks to work = not so good with the warranty only 30 days.
It's worth the expense in my case.
Wondered if anyone had tried it?
I have tried this one
Dog Silencer
It is much cheaper - only 10 bucks plus s&h, and it did work for me. Same problem - non-stop barking at neighbors'

Old 02-19-2019, 05:26 AM

2 posts, read 3,944 times
I'm having the same issues in SC, my neighbors didn't have any animals but he is now accumulated five hunting dogs that are non stop barking and howling. We can't even go into the yard without them all going at it. On top of that the feces is pileing up and the smell and flies are becoming unbearable. I just don't know what to do anymore except sell my house and lose money since anyone who would come to see it would run the other way. My property value is going down rapidly and I can't even open my door without flies coming in.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:06 AM

4,083 posts, read 5,446,582 times
Are the dogs being left out 24 hours a day? Do they have adequate conditions in the backyard?

Call Animal Control and ask if dogs can be left outside 24/7 and if not, you would like to anonymously report a neighbor who is doing just that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties