Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 12:21 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,183,189 times

Advertisements

This is not a decision by Hamrick's but one that was made by the management at Plaza Fiesta. Hamrick's does not have a firm closing date as of yet but it will be sometime in early January (and everything goes).

FORT MILL: Hamrick’s leaving Fort Mill’s Plaza Fiesta | Business | Fort Mill Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 01:28 PM

396 posts, read 973,571 times
Nooooo! I love that store. Plaza Fiesta just keeps going down hill. What a shame. Why on earth are they telling Hamrick's to go? It's the only decent store there. Is something else moving in? I've said it before and I'll say it again - management made a HUGE mistake pigeonholing the operation of Plaza Fiesta to a Spanish only culture. Personally, I really loved the place, but they need to cater to a multi-cultured crowd. Would just be good business sense. I really don't want to see Hamricks or the little mall go.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plotzonit View Post
Nooooo! I love that store. Plaza Fiesta just keeps going down hill. What a shame. Why on earth are they telling Hamrick's to go? It's the only decent store there. Is something else moving in? I've said it before and I'll say it again - management made a HUGE mistake pigeonholing the operation of Plaza Fiesta to a Spanish only culture. Personally, I really loved the place, but they need to cater to a multi-cultured crowd. Would just be good business sense. I really don't want to see Hamricks or the little mall go.

I think the writing is on the wall for Plaza Fiesta already (refer to post #10) //www.city-data.com/forum/york-...a-trouble.html

Old 12-03-2013, 02:19 PM

396 posts, read 973,571 times
Yes - that's where I posted my thoughts on PF some time ago. I hope someone saves that mall on the whole, but get rid of a lot (not all) of the Mexican / Spanish theme. I love most of it, but it's not everyone's taste. I wouldn't want to be a vendor there as it stands now.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:58 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,975,410 times
Seems very silly for them to kick out their biggest tenant. The mall is dying and losing Hamricks makes zero sense to me.

Old 12-03-2013, 05:53 PM
NDL

4,502 posts, read 5,578,128 times
Very upset to hear about Hamricks. I've frequented the Gastonia location, but much prefer Fort Mill's selection. Some nice people work there too ...

Plaza Fiesta is an utter disaster. This should've been, and could have been, Charlotte's outlets. I mean, they're next to one of the biggest draws in the area: Carowinds.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:31 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,975,410 times
...and right on the border, near the airport, clearly seen of I-77. Many mistakes were made.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
Very upset to hear about Hamricks. I've frequented the Gastonia location, but much prefer Fort Mill's selection. Some nice people work there too ...

Plaza Fiesta is an utter disaster. This should've been, and could have been, Charlotte's outlets. I mean, they're next to one of the biggest draws in the area: Carowinds.
From the get go I never understood how the original owner thought a "Mexican" themed plaza was going to work in Fort Mill. But I guess he figured it was working for him in Georgia that it would work here too.

Now several owners/managers later Plaza Fiesta has completely lost its original direction. I think the only reason it lasted this long is due to Hamrick's, and the giant playground.

Prior to the mall being Plaza Fiesta it was known as Crossroads Mall. Interestingly enough it was considered an outlet mall then (and even now it is promoted as one?)

When we moved here several years ago Crossroads Mall was not what I'd call flourishing but I didn't think it was doing all that bad. There was a Bass, and Van Heusen outlet store, an Antique mall, Hamricks, Carolina Pottery, along with several other smaller stores. Then when Carolina Pottery pulled out of Crossroads it seemed to have a large impact on many of the remaining stores.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:14 AM

5,125 posts, read 7,251,744 times
Perhaps Hamrick's can relocate to another Ft. Mill location. As for the mall, possibly Carowinds will eventually take over that property to expand the park. In the next few years, they are reportedly rebuilding the front entrance and adding a 300ft rollercoaster at the front of the park.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:37 PM
NDL

4,502 posts, read 5,578,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
When we moved here several years ago Crossroads Mall was not what I'd call flourishing but I didn't think it was doing all that bad. There was a Bass, and Van Heusen outlet store, an Antique mall, Hamricks, Carolina Pottery, along with several other smaller stores. Then when Carolina Pottery pulled out of Crossroads it seemed to have a large impact on many of the remaining stores.
Don't forget the Black & Decker outlet (do I miss that store )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties