Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 07:41 PM

474 posts, read 1,749,388 times

Advertisements

I went today. I'm a huge ice cream fan, but have never had frozen custard before, and it was awesome. They could use a little more outdoor seating, but it's a nice little place. They have brownie sundaes half off. We'll definitely be back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 05:33 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,213,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixinthefamily View Post
That would be great love- I am dying to meet you.
Same here sixinthefamily! So what do you say baggleflap, sixinthefamily...and whoever else would like to join us...should we fire up the ol' City-Data busmobile and make a go of it? Frozen Custard for everyone!!!

Old 07-15-2007, 05:34 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,213,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKQC View Post
I went today. I'm a huge ice cream fan, but have never had frozen custard before, and it was awesome. They could use a little more outdoor seating, but it's a nice little place. They have brownie sundaes half off. We'll definitely be back.
really appreciate the review BKQC...thank you!! (ready to go again?? )

Old 07-15-2007, 06:02 PM

192 posts, read 687,464 times
I'm ready!

Old 07-23-2007, 08:00 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,428,999 times
We went Friday and it was great. Had a good fish fry at Towne Tavern and went next door for frozen custard. Prices were good, custard was good, but I honestly think Majistic Cafe in Rock Hill has better. Majistic Cafe: Ice Cream, Cakes, Coffee, Food

Old 07-28-2007, 08:04 AM

3 posts, read 6,931 times
Default Swensons

Swensons has brown sugar in their burgers. I also like Dilly's. The owner use to work at Swensons and opened it up. The Blimps no longer land there at the airport. I never ate at the New ERA.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:10 AM

3 posts, read 6,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
We went Friday and it was great. Had a good fish fry at Towne Tavern and went next door for frozen custard. Prices were good, custard was good, but I honestly think Majistic Cafe in Rock Hill has better. Majistic Cafe: Ice Cream, Cakes, Coffee, Food
Grove1

There are about 6 Stricklands here in Ohio and I will agree to something you said. About other ice cream being better. If I go to a different Stricklands than the original it is not as good. So you guys have to make a road trip to Akron OH. and then you will have eaten the best ice cream ever!! You can tell people visit there often also

Old 07-28-2007, 05:37 PM

Brun,

There is a similar place in Buffalo called Adrian's and the orginal from the 30's is still in existence and was very close to my home. They only have outdoor seating and are opened during the warm months (so like June-August . But they have a bunch of newer sit down places and none of those are as good. The newer La Nova pizza in the WNY burbs is not as good as the west side original and none of the Buddys' PizzA (since 1929 I think) in Detroit are as good as that original one in the 'hood. Really though, I have never had bad frozen custard

Does anyone know is Strickland's has Vernor's? I saw they made 'coolers' but didn't ask.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:07 PM

474 posts, read 1,749,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
I tried Majistic Cafe. Thought it was pretty good, but liked Stricklands better. Custard was good - not anything special. I was expecting more after reading up on this award winning Coney Island style custard they went to Chicago for.

I was disappointed with how Majistic made their "concrete", which is what they call their version of a DQ Blizzard. They basically just threw chunks of peanuter butter cup (the flavor I chose) into a cup with vanilla custard and hand mixed it with a spoon for a couple seconds. So the top half was all peanuter butter cup chunks and the bottom half was all vanilla custard. I was expecting it to be mixed more thoroughly with a machine so the chunks would be dispersed throughout the entire cup. Oh well..... It's a good back-up to Stricklands on Sundays when they're closed.

Old 07-30-2007, 11:30 AM

Most of the time I like plain frozen custard...only way to get the true flavor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties