Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2007, 09:30 PM

238 posts, read 1,247,823 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give us an idea of what Clover is like..Our realtor sent some listings from there..it seems out a bit from Fort Mill/Lake Wylie..is there a town center? What's it like? The subdivisons we have listings on are Patrick's Place & Clarendon Estates..Any help is much appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 12:58 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,213,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR57 View Post
Can anyone give us an idea of what Clover is like..Our realtor sent some listings from there..it seems out a bit from Fort Mill/Lake Wylie..is there a town center? What's it like? The subdivisons we have listings on are Patrick's Place & Clarendon Estates..Any help is much appreciated!!
I personally like Clover, SC.

In fact I believe you mentioned that you had friends that lived in River Hills Plantation (Lake Wylie, SC..which is an unincorporated part of York County). Clover, SC butts up to Lake Wylie.

To access Lake Wylie, SC (or) Clover, SC from the Charlotte area (or Fort Mill)...you cross over the Buster Boyd Bridge. You will find most of the current growth in Clover is what is closest to the lake (Lake Wylie)....other portions of Clover are rural...while the downtown area of Clover is quaint, historical...with many older homes. While I may like the locations of Patrick Place and Clarendon Estates....you may feel that it is to rural?? It just really is going to depend on what you are looking for. Course in 5 years...who knows what the area will look like?

Old 07-13-2007, 07:28 PM

Clover will stay on our list..I think we need to see the area in person before passing any judgements. Our objective to find a home in a neighborhood that is friendly..we like trees & nature..what we don't like is the subdivisons where the trees have been plowed down & houses are scrunched together..it seems like alot of builders do just that. Back in March we found a wonderful community in Aiken called Cedar Creek but the drawback is that Aiken is a little on the isolated side..very lovely & friendly, though. The Fort Mill/Lake Wylie area was suggested to us by our friends so we are going to give it a look-see in August. I also like the proximity to Charlotte (airports, culture, etc..) Being very close to becoming "emptynesters" school systems aren't terribly important to us but we want to make new friends & have good neighbors..(I wish I could bring mine with me when we move!!!)
Thanks for your insight..you really know the area well!!

Old 07-15-2007, 09:22 AM

622 posts, read 1,782,868 times
When you mentioned the fact that you were close to being "empty nesters" it triggered my thoughts on my experience in moving to the Charlotte area 7 years ago. I moved into a newer Crescent subdivision in Lake Wylie as the area (proximity to the city, culture, airport) met what I thought was important to us. What I discovered was that these needs were met, but our social life suffered as the community interests revolved around younger families. We spent a lot of time trying to integrate with other "empty nesters" but they were almost non-existent in our community. Because of this we were constantly socializing in another community that you mentioned - River Hills. Eventually we moved to River Hills two years later and found it a perfect mix for us. It is a very diverse area (although when I moved here it was deemed a retirement area) with activities and diversions for all age groups.

I just wanted to pass on my experience to help in your search. In addition, I found the school system was important as it added greatly to the desireability when I sold my original home.

Hope this helps in your decision

Old 07-15-2007, 03:57 PM

Thanks very much..you make a great point..my DH & I were discussing just that point yesterday..possibly we wouldn't "fit" into a younger neighborhood..Our problem is that the River Hills homes seem older & we were really hoping to buy a new construction or much newer home. Sigh...we will have to think more on this... There are some new areas going up in Lake Wylie (Heron Cove is one but a bit over our budget, Lake Shore is another)and I happened to find a lovely home in Tega Cay on Deep Cove Rd that really got our interest but it's under contract now ..since we aren't familiar with the area(s) it's hard to figure where we would fit in..We have awesome neighbors where we live now but for a number of reasons South Carolina is going to be our next home. I am have no doubt of the friendliness of everyone in SC but fitting in is an important issue.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:36 AM

622 posts, read 1,782,868 times
There is another new development in Lake Wylie called Lake Forest. I didn't even know it existed until friends (empty nesters) told us they are seriously considering buying there. I do not know what your price range is, but I believe the prices are comparable to Patricks Place. It is closer to Charlotte and about 5 minutes from River Hills (you can join the CC as we did for social activity). There website isLake Forest | Lake Wy lie, South Carolina, the information is sparse, but it may give you an idea of their offerings.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:00 AM

Thanks for the recommendation..I asked our friends to take a ride by Lake Forest & a place called Heron Cove to get their opinion..also we will look in Tega Cay...I appreciate everyone's insight..we are really looking forward to our visit in August to see the area in person...D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties