Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 02:29 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,964,222 times

Advertisements

New, $2 million Goodwill store to open in Rock Hill. Construction starts in a couple of weeks. Should be open by this summer.

Read more: ROCK HILL | New, $2 million Goodwill to open in Rock Hill | The Herald - Rock Hill, SC (http://www.heraldonline.com/2011/01/11/2746721/new-2-million-goodwill-to-open.html#ixzz1AlS7kdLd - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 10:13 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,989,228 times
I love a nice goodwill store.... but $2 million dollar Goodwill store? Seems pricey for a non profit company (so to speak).

Old 01-12-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysofThundr46 View Post
I love a nice goodwill store.... but $2 million dollar Goodwill store? Seems pricey for a non profit company (so to speak).
I buy books at the Goodwill on Hwy 49. I do not like the RH Goodwill on Albright Rd. that is a bad part of town.

I cannot understand the $2 million either especially for a charitable organization ... we have so many empty buildings and they keep building more.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I buy books at the Goodwill on Hwy 49. I do not like the RH Goodwill on Albright Rd. that is a bad part of town.

I cannot understand the $2 million either especially for a charitable organization ... we have so many empty buildings and they keep building more.
I dont get why they cant just renovate older buildings. Back home, when we had Ames, Bradlees and Caldor all go out of business within a year or 2 of each other, we had TONS of empty shopping centers and stores. At the time, we didnt have Lowe's or Target's, so a ton of Lowe's and Target stores came in and re-did a lot of the empty buildings and opened new stores in them.

I see plenty of old walmart stores down here that are empty or got turned into something else less desirable.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:49 PM

4 posts, read 43,650 times
Goodwill typically leases these building from developers.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:15 PM

123 posts, read 181,415 times
Ames Bradlees and Caldor, are you from New England?It sounds like it to me and you are calling it back home. Massachusetts in my back home!

Old 10-13-2011, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrbubba View Post
Ames Bradlees and Caldor, are you from New England?It sounds like it to me and you are calling it back home. Massachusetts in my back home!
I am, CT.

I went to this store on the grand opening day, and last weekend. Its nicer and newer, but I find less items. I feel like the old store had a lot more. I also feel like the customers are 100x more rude then the previous store.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysofThundr46 View Post
I visited the new store this week. I didn't see $2 million dollars there ... perhaps the cost of the land was included in that figure. The store is not any bigger than their old location.

But it is new and clean and I didn't run into any rude people. Of course it was a weekday morning. They have a much better book selection then the old location had. It is in a better location.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:47 PM

6 posts, read 12,983 times
My husband and I found a few nice things there, but mostly saw a bunch of junk.
Try going on a Wednesday evening...I ran into lots of snobby old bittys who couldn't say "Excuse me" and packs of annoying high school and college kids. There was also a couple making out by the kitchen/home shelves. LOL It's just like anywhere else I guess!

Old 10-28-2011, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k11689 View Post
My husband and I found a few nice things there, but mostly saw a bunch of junk.
Try going on a Wednesday evening...I ran into lots of snobby old bittys who couldn't say "Excuse me" and packs of annoying high school and college kids. There was also a couple making out by the kitchen/home shelves. LOL It's just like anywhere else I guess!
Odd as i never had any issues at the old store, and I still think the old store had more stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties