Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 10:02 AM

7 posts, read 20,904 times

Advertisements

We'll be moving there in a few months and I'm not having much luck finding churches online. Can anyone give me info. or direct me to helpful websites? Please don't suggest charlotteworship.com. It didn't help at all for the 29710 zipcode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 10:19 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrshrk23 View Post
We'll be moving there in a few months and I'm not having much luck finding churches online. Can anyone give me info. or direct me to helpful websites? Please don't suggest charlotteworship.com. It didn't help at all for the 29710 zipcode.
Not sure if you have come across this site:

Church List for Clover, South Carolina

(a couple of these churches are located in Lake Wylie...but as Lake Wylie does not have their own zip code...it will indicate Clover, SC)

Old 07-26-2007, 11:01 AM

74 posts, read 310,122 times
The Pastor who married us in Maryland has a church now in Clover, SC. It is called Union Baptist. We went to visit in the Spring and it seems like a nice place. It is a small church, but has the small town feel that all of Clover brings.. Here is the website:

Union Baptist Church of Filbert

Old 07-26-2007, 12:09 PM

4,270 posts, read 6,293,626 times
I have only visited one church in Clover and I wouldn't recommend it - our experience was not good (I won't say the name but if you PM me about this, I can tell you the name privately - I don't want to call out a church that I haven't attended in a year).

Despite our best efforts at that church, NO ONE would talk to us (we attended services six weeks in a row and also went to two church-wide functions that were held during that time (a post-service luncheon and a post-service church anniversary celebration)). The music was FANTASTIC, and the preaching was dynamic, but despite all our attempts to become involved, we were just never welcomed into the fold by the congregation. I sent off a quick email to the outreach pastor of the church expressing our disappointment (he was the ONLY one on staff that bothered to speak with us at all) and he responded that he was sad to hear about our experience and vowed to work on the congregation to avoid it happening to other visitors. He also expressed gratitude that I felt comfort enough as a believer to share my thoughts with him rather than just leave and never come back.

That was a year ago, and I've no idea how they are doing now, but I hope it has improved because the music and preaching were great there.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:51 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,857,597 times
Any type of church in particular you're looking for?

Old 07-27-2007, 10:45 AM

Thank you for the replies.

The denomination is not important to us, in fact non-denominational churches are usually the first type we look for when in a new area, but we have attended specific denominations in the past. We really enjoy a more contemporary service. Ample childcare is important. A variety of worship times is always nice. Smaller churches feel more "homey" but we've been satisfied at a very large church in the past.

That's a start...

Old 07-27-2007, 07:47 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,857,597 times
I don't know much about it, but checking out Lake Wylie Christian Fellowship may be worth your while.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:47 PM

Thanks! I'll Google them to see if they have a website.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,843 times
Try going to Scherer Memorial Presbyterian Church, Lake Wylie South Carolina, SMPC Church. I know that this is a really great church. They teach strictly from the Bible. The people are friendly, there are many activities for the kids and they have a Youth Pastor who is supposed to be real cool.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:53 AM

2 posts, read 5,441 times
Good Samaritan UMC is a great "small" church with very welcoming people. They certianly won't let you slip under the radar!! I, too, have had a similar experience to yours, unable to connect at a very dynamic church. I do know of one that has made great strides in this area. I visited them last Saturday and was very impressed. There are many more churches but I do know YOU WILL find a way to serve at Good Sam! Good Samaritan United Methodist Church > Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties