U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2007, 09:50 AM

513 posts, read 2,031,740 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend any subdivisions in or around the Fort Mill or Lake Wylie area that has homes for $500's to $700? We want to be on the SC side, so we aren't looking at places like the Palisades. Indian Land area would be OK too. Good schools are important! New construction preferred, but will look at newer resales, too. Thanks!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 10:46 AM

153 posts, read 451,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marblmom View Post
Can anyone recommend any subdivisions in or around the Fort Mill or Lake Wylie area that has homes for $500's to $700? We want to be on the SC side, so we aren't looking at places like the Palisades. Indian Land area would be OK too. Good schools are important! New construction preferred, but will look at newer resales, too. Thanks!!!
Some of the top of my head are:

Lake Shore
Watertrace
The Coves
River Hills
Cooks Cove
Water Edge
The Meadow
Reserve @ Gold Hill
Baxter Village

Old 07-28-2007, 06:49 PM

1,105 posts, read 4,430,816 times
There is also a new development called Springfield that has beautiful homes in your price range.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:25 PM

2,536 posts, read 8,862,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marblmom View Post
In Tega Cay:

Anchorage (custom homes)
Seven Coves (custom homes)
Watertrace (custom homes)
Lakeshore

In Fort Mill:
Eppington South (custom homes)
Ashford on the Water
McKee Point
Oxford Place
Baxter Village
...the list could go on and on but I'll stop here.

My two choices on schools are (1) Fort Mill School District, (2) Clover School District (this includes Lake Wylie, SC and certain portions of York, SC)

Good Luck to you!

Old 08-08-2007, 03:19 PM

24 posts, read 74,659 times
Just to add a couple more to the pp's....

Arbor Place (custom homes) this is in Indian Land 2 minutes to Ballantyne 1+/- lot size. The builder builds in Ballantyne and Stone Croft in Charlotte
Oxford Place (there is a great home for sale in there now)
Springfield
Regent Park

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 08-11-2007 at 12:11 AM.. Reason: realtor advertising

Old 08-09-2007, 01:16 PM

95 posts, read 370,446 times
There are some nice neighborhoods across the lake in Clover but a bit far for me if you plan on coming into Charlotte with any regularity. Only my ignorant opinion so don't flame me for it.

There were some higher end homes in Lake Shore either coming to market or perhaps they already came to market that actually had a yard though I didn't see these listed. Lake Shore is fairly young which means more younger kids in general though of course there are all age types here (lots of kids). There are a few nice houses in Lake Shore that actually have a yard. Hit or miss if any are available. This was my first choice but I missed the boat and was not in position to wait for one of the few homes with a yard I liked to come up for sale.

Baxter is young as well which again means younger kids (lots of kids). Not much for yards and that convience to I-77 goes both ways. Before moving in here I would have to walk down the street at 10:00 at night and check 20 cars and see how many are actually unlocked if any. I am told they have a very active community crime prevention program. I'm sure they do as they need it. Great location if commuting or driving into Charlotte.

Springfield (lots of kids) though homes with larger lots not shaded by the house next door may be out of your price range. Great location if commuting or driving into Charlotte.

Oxford place (mix of older kids in general and empty nesters). 1+ acre lots.

Beckenham (1+ acre and a step up from Oxford Place (older kids in general and empty nesters)).

Eppington South is "new" and you get the "new" home price plus not really a large subdivision (1+ acre lots). If looking here you need to look at Oxford Place, Beckenham, and Huntington Farms for comparison of old vs new. I actually bought from this builder though not in Eppington; no complaints on home quality. Great location if commuting or driving into Charlotte.

Bridgemill in Indian Land. Young with younger kids. My only complaint here is lot size of no more than 1/3 acre. Appreciation here has been about 10% year over year the last 3 or 4 years so I see I am in the minority. Great location if commuting or driving into Charlotte.

With that price range a house in Lake Shore with a boat moored somewhere else is always an option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties