U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2011, 11:57 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,744,234 times

Advertisements

Anyone familiar with Lancaster? Ive driven through the town a few times, been to the Goodwill and the Kmart, but, dont know much about the town. I found a house on Hampton Grace Avenue that is exactly what my mom would be looking for, but I dont know anything about the area. I dont have time to make the drive out there for a week or so, and im hoping for some feedback.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 10:03 AM

12,550 posts, read 17,459,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysofThundr46 View Post
Anyone familiar with Lancaster? Ive driven through the town a few times, been to the Goodwill and the Kmart, but, dont know much about the town. I found a house on Hampton Grace Avenue that is exactly what my mom would be looking for, but I dont know anything about the area. I dont have time to make the drive out there for a week or so, and im hoping for some feedback.
any real estate agent can give you the demographics of the area, the price range for houses that have sold like that one in recent months, etc.

And if houses in that area have been on the market a long time and have not sold = possible problem with the area.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:44 AM

1,218 posts, read 2,744,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
any real estate agent can give you the demographics of the area, the price range for houses that have sold like that one in recent months, etc.

And if houses in that area have been on the market a long time and have not sold = possible problem with the area.
Im more or less looking for personal opinions, or if any posters here live there. Just because a house has been on the market a while doesnt mean much to me. Bad economy + the fact it seems like folks down here dont want older houses usually means the market will have some sitting for a bit. I drive by a few nice places on a daily basis that have been for sale for quite sometime, nice areas too, but when theres very few buyers, houses will sit.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:46 AM

245 posts, read 964,088 times
Hampton Grace Ave is in an area known as Erwin Farms. It was started back when the Springs plants were huge and everyone worked there. The houses are older, but the area is fine. It is safe and I'm sure the neighbors are friendly. It wouldn't be too far from grocery stores or Wal-Mart/Kmart, etc. There are also plenty of churches around, if she needs a church.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:15 PM

7 posts, read 11,479 times
I grew up just off of grace Ave it really is a nice place the houses are older but as long as it doesn't bother u the people are mostly lower income because as said before neighborhood was largely populated by springs employees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties