Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2007, 09:06 AM

15 posts, read 75,356 times

Advertisements

Hello

My Wife and I are looking to relocate from Ct. presantly looking at Fort Mill or N.Agusta S.C. We would like to be able to work as well as semi retire and have a University and good health care available.
Looking for a new house preferably in a devolopment in the 325-350 range. Any positive or negative experiences/suggestions would be appreciated.
Fred

Moderator cut: removed email address

Last edited by GoPadge; 08-10-2007 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: You can turn on email in your profile settings. There's no need to hand out your address to spammers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 10:41 PM

9 posts, read 27,101 times
Default Sun Cty?

Have you looked into the Sun City community that was just started in Lancaster, SC? Very close to Fort Mill, Charlotte hospitals and more development coming! Very nice area!!

Old 08-11-2007, 04:56 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,213,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredlu33 View Post
Hello

My Wife and I are looking to relocate from Ct. presantly looking at Fort Mill or N.Agusta S.C. We would like to be able to work as well as semi retire and have a University and good health care available.
Looking for a new house preferably in a devolopment in the 325-350 range. Any positive or negative experiences/suggestions would be appreciated.
Fred

Moderator cut: removed email address
Hey there Fred - out of the areas you mention....I've only been to Fort Mill, SC. You will find plenty of homes within your price range. Jobs can be found in York County, SC..but you find most folks travel a short distance into Charlotte, NC for work....the closest University to Fort Mill, SC is located in Rock Hill, SC (Winthrop University)....health care can also be found in the area...yet in regard to hospitals...I prefer to cross the border into Charlotte, NC versus the Rock Hill, SC hospital (again this is just my personal preference).

Old 08-11-2007, 06:30 PM

238 posts, read 1,247,823 times
I haven't been to N. Augusta but we explored the Aiken area (which is nearby)..we really liked a community called Cedar Creek...the homes are quite lovely and the people were very friendly. You can build or buy a resale. There is a college in Aiken & the health care/hospital has a good rep. The town of Aiken is very quaint & there were a number of restauants, too. The drawback for us was that the nearest airport was 50 mins away..we wanted one closer to us.
Here is the link if you would like to take a peek.
Cedar Creek
There are a number of other communities in Aiken,too..we just liked Cedar Creek the best.
Good Luck!

Old 08-14-2007, 10:07 AM

4 posts, read 11,133 times
When do you plan to move?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties