U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 12:37 PM

18 posts, read 73,244 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have lived in this area 20 years. We attended Forest Hill Church in Charlotte for 7 of those years. It is a great church. We attended two other churches that ministered to us greatly but found our "dream church" when we went to LAKESHORE CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP in Tega Cay four years ago. Absolutely the best teaching, music, fellowship and home Bible study groups. Come visit some Sunday at the 9am or 11am services. The are 90 minutes long each but seem like only 30 minutes. We sit in the balcony at the second service. We know most everyone up there so we will look for some new faces. Hope to meet you guys soon. .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 01:30 PM

209 posts, read 587,064 times
Thanks for the reply.

So, it is like watching video clip captured a week before?

Old 04-13-2008, 10:03 AM

209 posts, read 587,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Satellite services are worship services down at locations other than the main church, most often in a movie theatre but sometimes in places like a YMCA. With Forest Hill's main campus, which we peridocally attended when I lived in Charlotte, the parking and things like that can be a little chaotic. The satellites services generally run a week behind the main campus except during Christmas and leading up to Easter. We most often go to the service at the Ballantyne Village Theatre, but occasionally go to the one in Rock Hill at Manchester Cinemas. Both locations have a 9:30 and 10:45 service. There is no problem parking at either campus because so much is available on a Sunday morning. The BV service serves complimentary It's a Grind Coffee and the Rock Hill location serves coffee from Panera Bread. Both locations also have kids camps during the services (though BV seems to have more). Also if you miss a service at FH, you can watch online or get the free cd.
Just got back from the service, great service and music. Will go back again. Thanks

Old 04-14-2008, 07:28 AM

4,729 posts, read 18,651,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schun22 View Post
Just got back from the service, great service and music. Will go back again. Thanks
You're welcome...we didn't go yesgterday...she wasn't feeling well. Which theatre did you go to?

Old 04-14-2008, 11:56 AM

21 posts, read 69,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2trvl View Post
Have tried First Baptist, West End, and St. Johns. Actually went to First Baptist for quite awhile and just needed a change. St. Johns we thought had some good services (we've been there several times), but seems to be lacking in Sunday School / Bible studies, and doesn't have a lot of people our age. We had a tough time finding our niche there. We probably didn't give West End a good chance (may try there again), although if we move to Fort Mill / Tega Cay (which we want to), West End is a bit far (as is St. Johns).

May give forest hills a try...

Any other recommendations? Has anyone been or heard anything about Calvary Church in South Charlotte? I know it's really big. My wife and I are thinking of trying it as well.

Thanks!
Hello!!
We got married at Calvary Church back in 1995 (my husband and I both grew up there). They have been through a lot of changes with their senior pastors, but from what I hear (my hubby's parents still go there), their new pastor is amazing. I know they have a lot of Sunday School classes for people your age. My sister-in-law also still goes there and has a great Sunday School class, so let me know if you need a class recomendation.

We go to Carmel Baptist Church on HWY 51. It is a wonderful, wonderful church. PM if you want any additonal information! We would be happy to meet you and find you a good Sunday School class too.
Good Luck!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties