Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 02:44 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times

Advertisements

In the Rock Hill area:

Mary's Cafe located at 101 Porter Road has good food. A local Mom & Pop restaurant.

Varsity Restaurant 108 Oakland Ave owned by a retired RH policeman another good Mom & Pop. It's near Winthrop University.

Red's Grill 1101 East Main St been here forever locally owned and great food.

Ebenezer Grill 1525 Ebenezer Rd. locally owned ... offering sandwiches ... famous for their Hot Dog Sign that was stolen last year. Great soup and sandwiches. Been around forever too!

Thursdays Too 147 Herlong Ave. Locally owned by the Bigham family and everything is good.

White Horse Ltd. 1022 Camden Ave located near Winthrop University and excellent food.

Nishie G's Cafe 706 Mt. Gallant Rd. Greek cuisine delicious dining and locally owned.

In Lake Wylie my very favorite is:

The River Rat 5301 Hwy 557 Lake Wylie ... it's been around forever, the Powells own The Rat and everything and I do mean everything is wonderful to the taste buds. They have a website: The River Rat Restaurant & Pub (broken link)

Sonny's Dutch Mill in Rock Hill, Steve's Fish Camp, York Seafood have all been mentioned already and they do have good food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 07:29 PM

13 posts, read 55,887 times
Default Sonny's Dutch Mill

My husband and I have been kicking around the idea of serving breakfast at Sonny's Dutch Mill. We have noticed in the Fort Mill-Tega Cay area that there are not a lot of choices for breakfast. What do you think?

Old 08-29-2007, 09:32 PM

417 posts, read 813,948 times
Default Sonny's Dutch Mill

Brandie-

Great Idea!

This area is need of a breakfast diner. You have my vote!

Hope you all can make it work!

Old 08-30-2007, 06:44 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,428,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandie View Post
My husband and I have been kicking around the idea of serving breakfast at Sonny's Dutch Mill. We have noticed in the Fort Mill-Tega Cay area that there are not a lot of choices for breakfast. What do you think?
I think it would work if you also offered somewhat healthy breakfast alternatives to the typical restaurantr fare. Smoothies (which can be profitable), healthy bagels (again profitable), fruit cups, etc.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:21 AM

192 posts, read 687,464 times
Quote:
The only place we ever go for breakfast is Bob Evan's in RH because it is non-smoking on the weekends. We'd love to try someplace new.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:33 AM

10 posts, read 32,336 times
For great Italian try Luigi's, currently on 21 (Cherry Rd) heading towards Ft.Mill. They are opening another place near Winthop soon! Great food, personal service. Mom and Pop place, in fact the whole family works there. It's tucked in where the bingo places are. They are a great couple with excellent food!

Old 08-30-2007, 01:10 PM

474 posts, read 1,749,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnf516 View Post
For great Italian try Luigi's, currently on 21 (Cherry Rd) heading towards Ft.Mill. They are opening another place near Winthop soon! Great food, personal service. Mom and Pop place, in fact the whole family works there. It's tucked in where the bingo places are. They are a great couple with excellent food!
I've been tempted to to try there, but the location is a bit of a turn off. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

I've seen some ads for Marco's Pizza on Cherry Road advertising that they're from Bayonne, NJ. I'm going to give them a try also.

Last edited by BKQC; 08-30-2007 at 01:45 PM..

Old 08-30-2007, 01:20 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,213,523 times
Quote:
okay Brandie...I say quick kicking and get to cooking...breakfast that is (You have my vote!!) Your right there is not much around here as far as breakfast choices. By the way...don't tell baggleflap...but I just had lunch at your place again (yum )

...sorry baggleflap ...I promise I'll make it up to ya!

Old 09-01-2007, 07:48 AM

192 posts, read 687,464 times
I SAW THAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
okay Brandie...I say quick kicking and get to cooking...breakfast that is (You have my vote!!) Your right there is not much around here as far as breakfast choices. By the way...don't tell baggleflap...but I just had lunch at your place again (yum )

...sorry baggleflap ...I promise I'll make it up to ya!

Old 09-10-2007, 07:02 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,428,999 times
Carmella's new location in the old Pizza Planet near Regent Park is excellent. Ate there last night. They have a very extensive menu and everything we had was great and not expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties