Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 03:12 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,213,523 times

Advertisements

It was started almost 6 years ago and there have been so many places that have come and gone since that time.

I remember someone started a new thread but I'm not sure what happened to it?

I ended up starting a list of the places that were mentioned on here that I know are long gone but I also know that there have to be many more in Rock Hill, Lancaster, etc. that I'm just not aware of, or positive that they have closed.

When I started this ("closed") list I soon realized I should have just listed the restaurants that are still open (it would have been quicker) After compiling the list several of these I wish were still around.

Anyway here goes:

#1 Sonny’s Dutch Mill (Fort Mill Closed – Rock Hill Open) Sonny's Dutch Mill
#3 Village Pizza (Fort Mill had closed, changed hands, recently original owners have reopened) The original Village Pizza in Fort Mill is reopening in February | Fort Mill Times - Fort Mill, SC
#16 Mama Mia’s (Fort Mill Closed)
#19 Papa Pino’s (Fort Mill Closed)
#19 Di Marco’s (changed owners a several years back but still open in Fort Mill)
#21 Si’s Pizzeria (is now Donato’s –Indian Land location)
#41 Harry & Jeans (Rock Hill Closed)
#45 Sonic Burger (Tega Cay Closed)
#83 Liu Liu’s (Fort Mill/Baxter Closed)
#104 Corrigan’s Café (Fort Mill Closed)
#131 Sasaki (never did come to Tega Cay and in fact the location in Lake Wylie has since closed)
#146 Sweet Peppers (Fort Mill/Baxter Closed)
#149 Carabba’s (never built in Tega Cay/Fort Mill)
#151 Strickland’s Frozen Custard (Fort Mill Closed)
#153 Johnny K’s (Fort Mill Closed)
#176 River Rat (Lake Wylie Closed)
#197 Sweet Treets (Fort Mill/Baxter Closed)
#208 Buffalo Wings & Rings (Never came to Tega Cay)
#211 (Fishbone’s (Fort Mill Closed)
#216 Steve & Kelly’s Grille House (Fort Mill/Tega Cay Closed)
#230 Longitude 81 (Fort Mill Closed)
#255 BacInTime (Fort Mill Closed)
#260 Firebonz (Fort Mill/Rock Hill Closed)
#299 Maurice’s BBQ (Rock Hill Closed)
#332 The Station (Tega Cay Closed)
#379 Steve’s (Fort Mill/Tega Cay Closed)
#400 Bull Feathers (Fort Mill Closed)
#404 Mother Theresa’s (Tega Cay Closed)
#450 Market Street Pizza (Fort Mill Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
As our area continues to grow so does our selection of places to go eat out. I think it would be great to share any new places you have tried lately or please share some of your long time favorites or any hidden treasures you may have.

SO with that said I would like to share where we ate Saturday afternoon..that was pretty darn good. The name is Sonny's Dutch Mill located in the Stockbridge Commons Shopping Center in Fort Mill (corner of Gold Hill Rd. and Hwy160).

We tried their burger and fries (fair warning: you get alot!) and both were really, really good (it reminded me somewhat of Five Guys).

This is the second location for the family (the original is located in Rock Hill and has been around since the 50's)

Sonny's Dutch Mill - Home of the best chili cheeseburger on this side of the map (http://www.sonnysdutchmill.com/Index.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 08:08 PM

37 posts, read 85,394 times
Anyone know of any Gluten free friendly restaurants in Fort Mill?

Old 05-07-2013, 09:29 AM

11 posts, read 12,730 times
Fratelli's in Baxters Village is nice for Italian food

Old 05-07-2013, 01:10 PM

23 posts, read 54,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbackthehornets View Post
Fratelli's in Baxters Village is nice for Italian food
I agree.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:55 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,801,149 times
Have y'all been to Local Dish in downtown Fort Mill? This place is amazing and should not be missed. I had the pulled pork nachos today, and they were soul saving!!!

Old 05-21-2013, 03:05 PM

33 posts, read 53,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
Have y'all been to Local Dish in downtown Fort Mill? This place is amazing and should not be missed. I had the pulled pork nachos today, and they were soul saving!!!
The pulled pork nachos are great. The shrimp and grits, pork chops and scallop w/ risotto also excellent. The pork belly sandwich was not great (too much bread) and the sweet potato hummus is gross.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:33 PM

259 posts, read 798,160 times
We can add Big Apple Bagel (Tega Cay) to the list of closed restaurants!

Old 05-22-2013, 08:00 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,024,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingdown View Post
We can add Big Apple Bagel (Tega Cay) to the list of closed restaurants!

From the reviews I read alas that was not a surprise.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
I have not tried Bagel Boat in Lake Wylie yet but every time I have driven by there the parking lot has been full.

I am hesitant to write this as I am not from NY but I have tried the Bagel Boat in Lake Wylie now and really liked it (I had the French Toast Bagel and it was yummy).

Old 05-22-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
I have been to Local Dish (a few months ago) and had a burger. Now it wasn't the best burger I have ever eaten but it was good enough for me to want to come back. In fact I really like the concept behind it and tried to go there last week but got there to early.

Thanks to your review I already know what I will be ordering next time I am there......Pulled Pork Nachos!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Local...61988053861394
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties