Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 07:59 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times

Advertisements

As our area continues to grow so does our selection of places to go eat out. I think it would be great to share any new places you have tried lately or please share some of your long time favorites or any hidden treasures you may have.

SO with that said I would like to share where we ate Saturday afternoon..that was pretty darn good. The name is Sonny's Dutch Mill located in the Stockbridge Commons Shopping Center in Fort Mill (corner of Gold Hill Rd. and Hwy160).

We tried their burger and fries (fair warning: you get alot!) and both were really, really good (it reminded me somewhat of Five Guys).

This is the second location for the family (the original is located in Rock Hill and has been around since the 50's)

Sonny's Dutch Mill - Home of the best chili cheeseburger on this side of the map (http://www.sonnysdutchmill.com/Index.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 08:48 AM

192 posts, read 687,190 times
Hey Love, read about this restaurant in the paper. We'll have to try it. As usual, you didn't invite us along!!

Old 08-20-2007, 09:00 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
I tried Village Pizza for the first time on Thursday. I got baked ziti and it reminded me of WNY. It was very good.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:51 PM

348 posts, read 1,360,345 times
York Seafood Family Restaurant in York.
Great food, great prices!!!
Casual, feels like home atmosphere!

Old 08-20-2007, 07:15 PM

1,105 posts, read 4,569,167 times
Red Bowl in the same shopping center as Sonny's Dutch mill. Great asian food and pretty good sushi.

If you want a more upscale dinner (but not super fancy or expensive), I really enjoy he Inn at Baxter.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggleflap View Post
Hey Love, read about this restaurant in the paper. We'll have to try it. As usual, you didn't invite us along!!
oops...my Bad! I'll make it up to ya though....I promise!

Old 08-20-2007, 09:23 PM

13 posts, read 55,877 times
Default Sonny's Dutch Mill

Thanks for the plug! We hope to serve you for years to come. We give all of the glory to God for what he has done in our business. Please come back and enjoy!
Brandie and Wesley Kennington -Sonny's Dutch Mill
Oh yeah what did you think of the mural?

Old 08-21-2007, 05:30 PM

474 posts, read 1,748,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandie View Post
Thanks for the plug! We hope to serve you for years to come. We give all of the glory to God for what he has done in our business. Please come back and enjoy!
We really like Five Guys, but we'll definitely give you guys a try. We always try and support local businesses over national chains.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandie View Post
Well, hey there Brandie! We will be back for sure...and...the mural is great!

Old 08-22-2007, 07:23 PM
RGP

15 posts, read 56,115 times
We love Dutch Mill! Of course, I live in RH now, so I hit the one on Anderson Road pretty hard. Be sure to get some malt vinegar for the home-fries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties