U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2011, 01:15 PM

47 posts, read 118,423 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else having Comporium internet issues? I did a diagnostics on my iMac and all is ok but have to keep rebooting when trying to send emails????
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 06:09 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,760,826 times
Have you called them to inquire?

In the past week, ive had 2 service interruptions. They didnt last long so I didnt call. Ive worked for a ISP provider years ago, the best way to find out of issues is to call their customer service line and ask.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:58 PM

10,075 posts, read 10,214,190 times
No problems here. When I do have problems I call them and they help me pronto!

Old 10-11-2011, 06:57 PM

161 posts, read 498,378 times
In six years have never had an outage on my Comporium internet.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:43 AM

12,698 posts, read 17,683,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moedog2 View Post
In six years have never had an outage on my Comporium internet.

I've lived 2 miles from the Comporium office and their internet servers for about 12 months.
I've lost internet about 5 times.
I've lost cable TV more than 5 times. I lost cable last week, two times, though my internet stayed connected.
I assumed the closer I was to their equipment the lower the chance of a problem, and a greater chance of service being restored quickly.

Old 10-21-2011, 02:29 PM

40 posts, read 47,377 times
I've had the same issues! I hate comporium. It's sad that it's a monopoly, but I'm sure they don't allow Time Warner in b/c they know that their own service sucks. I've only lived here for a year and I've had at least 8 outages....probably more, but that's how many I can count as of right now.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:31 AM

205 posts, read 611,480 times
Comporium really does not have that many complete internet outages. What is normal for them however, is for their DNS server to go on the blitz or crash which will give the appearance of a total outage for the end user. For those not in the "tech know how", DNS is what resolves internet domain name to enter to the proper IP Address.

The best solution for this problem is to point your router to an external DNS server, many of which can be found on google.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:15 PM

10,075 posts, read 10,214,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces5683 View Post
I've had the same issues! I hate comporium. It's sad that it's a monopoly, but I'm sure they don't allow Time Warner in b/c they know that their own service sucks. I've only lived here for a year and I've had at least 8 outages....probably more, but that's how many I can count as of right now.
Allowing TW in is not the case with the internet service. TW don't want in ... they can come right in but Comporium already has the lines, infrastructures or whatever all the internet apparatus is called. A small company long ago located on Dave Lyle Blvd provided excellent internet service to the area BUT they had to buy their time from Comporium ... they went out of business when Comporium increased their rates to the company.

TW will not buy from Comporium to provide service to our area nor will they invest in expensive equipment of their own. Rock Hill Telephone Company now Comporium has had this area in their pocketbooks for over 100 years.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,984 times
Every since Comporium did their "upgrade" we have had problems. Tech Support was no help. I sent an email today and even when attempting to send it....lost connection ....again. Our neighbors say the same thing. Can't wait till my contract is up!!!!!

Old 04-23-2012, 08:16 AM

12,698 posts, read 17,683,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMcLemore View Post
Every since Comporium did their "upgrade" we have had problems. Tech Support was no help. I sent an email today and even when attempting to send it....lost connection ....again. Our neighbors say the same thing. Can't wait till my contract is up!!!!!
who will you use when your contract is up?
Are you in places like Clover, York, or IndianLand and have Time Warner?

Rock Hill-Fort Mill are the most populated areas of the County.
I wrote a letter to the Time Warner CEO last year, and asked for a honest explanation on why they were not in Rock Hill-Fort Mill.
I got no reply at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties