Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 03:21 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,991,028 times

Advertisements

I heard theres a Waffle House and a new gas station coming to Lake Wylie? Does anyone have any news on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 09:31 PM

205 posts, read 647,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysofThundr46 View Post
I heard theres a Waffle House and a new gas station coming to Lake Wylie? Does anyone have any news on this?
I think they are building a Quick Trip gas station where the old McDonalds was. Have not heard about a Waffle House but if they put one in there, TBones might have to improve their food offerings a bit to compete.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:54 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,801,729 times
I saw a bunch of 7-Eleven business applications in the paper yesterday, maybe that's part of it?

I worked as a host @ T-Bones when it first opened. You used to have to beat people away the wait was so long. We used to tell people 1.5 hours and they'd still wait!

Old 01-02-2012, 08:02 AM

396 posts, read 977,232 times
I like going to T-bones, but not for the food. The food there is crap. I just like looking out onto the water. My family and I like to feed the ducks as well. It would be an AWESOME place if the food were up to par.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:49 AM

564 posts, read 1,454,604 times
It's a shame we have no other places on the lake to eat. I read several boating magazines and people are always doing write ups on surronding lakes and what they offer. Lake Wylie has the least for it size.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:14 AM

Yeah, it is too bad their food is so terriable. It was OK a few years ago (Steak was even good) but they have kept the same basic menu, although they did two revisions to it earlier this year. The main problem is that it was very noticable when they started purchasing the cheaper cuts of meat and other food items. Now it is basically a bar with "bar food". Maybe that is what they wanted to change to?? Who knows?

Strangely I like the breakfast buffet more than anything else there. I too go there just because of the view. If it was not for the location, this place would have closed doors long ago. If they ever get some competition, they will probably clean up their act.

Otherwise, the place is run down and the docks are in terriable shape. Over the summer I saw a couple boards missing on the dock walkway. Another time someone tied their boat up to a cleat and the whole board came off the dock. Not sure what the deal is because the owner seems like a real nice guy and spends alot of time there.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:41 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,801,729 times
I haven't been down there, to T-Bones in years. When it opened, it was THE place to be on Lake Wylie. They cut their own meat and the food was great.

Shame how it went downhill. They used to have a location at the beach also....maybe it's changed ownerd throughout the years.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:21 PM

I was in the area today. There is a "Quick Trip" "Coming Soon" sign up right where the old McDonalds is. No sign for a Waffle House but it would be a great place for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
I haven't been down there, to T-Bones in years. When it opened, it was THE place to be on Lake Wylie. They cut their own meat and the food was great.

Shame how it went downhill. They used to have a location at the beach also....maybe it's changed ownerd throughout the years.
Well, I can guarantee they don't cut it there now and I am not sure I would want them to anyway. I have heard all about how good it used to be however I was not in the area at the time. It is only the last 2 or 3 years that it has gotten real bad but more the last year. As much as I don't like the food, I do go there fairly regularly to have a beer and app, mainy for the view. The bar staff are very friendly too, for the most part.

The thing is that the place rocks in the summer because it is the only place to eat on the Lake but it is dead all Winter because no one likes the food enough to tolerate it in the winter. If they would get their act together and fix the place up and get back to their original food quality that place would rock year round. I have talked to tons of people at the bar about it too, no one can figure out if the owner is just satified with what the place brings in and has no desire to improve or what the problem is?

I would love to see another place on the lake. I wish one would open up. There is really not another good location for a lake resturant though where the resturant could be easily accessed by land.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:03 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
No Waffle House mentioned in the article ... people are upset over the 17 mature cherry trees that were removed a week before Christmas.

I don't understand why another convenience store ... there is one on the other corner of Blucher & Hwy 49 and three more up the road.

Rollar's group continues development at the Wylie Gateway on the Lake site, which has several businesses signed on. A 10,000-square-foot YMCA space is expected to open April 1, followed by the QuikTrip in the summer. Construction is set to begin in 30 days on a 26,500-square-foot family center featuring a bowling alley and jump house, expected to also open in the summer. Also planned are a hair salon (1,800-square-feet) and an Asian fusion restaurant (3,000-square-feet).

A traffic light also is planned for installation this summer at S.C. 49 and Blucher Circle.

LAKE WYLIE | 17 cherry trees removed from S.C. 49 in Lake Wylie area | The Herald - Rock Hill, SC

Old 01-10-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
No Waffle House mentioned in the article ... people are upset over the 17 mature cherry trees that were removed a week before Christmas.

I don't understand why another convenience store ... there is one on the other corner of Blucher & Hwy 49 and three more up the road.

Rollar's group continues development at the Wylie Gateway on the Lake site, which has several businesses signed on. A 10,000-square-foot YMCA space is expected to open April 1, followed by the QuikTrip in the summer. Construction is set to begin in 30 days on a 26,500-square-foot family center featuring a bowling alley and jump house, expected to also open in the summer. Also planned are a hair salon (1,800-square-feet) and an Asian fusion restaurant (3,000-square-feet).

A traffic light also is planned for installation this summer at S.C. 49 and Blucher Circle.

LAKE WYLIE | 17 cherry trees removed from S.C. 49 in Lake Wylie area | The Herald - Rock Hill, SC
I heard about the traffic light and was very pleased. That will make this intersection so much safer for everyone, particularlly when boaters are making a left on 49 with a trailer attached after leaving the ramp. It has been needed for many years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties