Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 11:43 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,981,874 times

Advertisements

The state Administrative Law Court won’t hear the case until Feb. 4, 2013, and the latest the court will release its decision is April 15, 2013 according to a consent scheduling order.

Piedmont Medical Center and Presbyterian Hospital are challenging state regulators’ decision to pick Carolinas HealthCare System to build a Fort Mill hospital.

York County, SC | Fort Mill hospital decision delayed to 2013 | The Herald - Rock Hill, SC

We may never, in our lifetime, see a hospital in Fort Mill!

When April 15, 2013 rolls around with a ruling ... it will probably end up as before ... DHEC needs to start over.

PMC is laying off people right and left ... last month they laid off 80 employees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 01:20 PM

564 posts, read 1,456,365 times
Start over?? If Presby & Peidmont cared anything for the people they would accept the decision and move on. The best choice for the people was made and the outcome will be no different in a year.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:44 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,994,663 times
I dont get why these hospitals are fighting over who builds a hospital here in town. How much money is being spend fighting this thing?

Ill probably be moved out of my apartment before they ever break ground on this thing.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:14 PM

45 posts, read 116,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday30 View Post
Start over?? If Presby & Peidmont cared anything for the people they would accept the decision and move on. The best choice for the people was made and the outcome will be no different in a year.
So when the hospital was originally not awarded to Carolinas Healthcare and they sued, were they caring about the people? Why didn't CHS "accept the decison and move on"? And why are they the "best" choice for the people? Perhaps you think that CHS should just gobble up Presby and Peidmont and then there will only be one choice for healthcare.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:40 PM

205 posts, read 648,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysofThundr46 View Post
I dont get why these hospitals are fighting over who builds a hospital here in town. How much money is being spend fighting this thing?
Because the proposed CMC and Presbyterian locations are on the Sutton Rd exit just over the Rock Hill/Fort Mill border and by no coincidence placed there to be centrally located for citizens in both cities, posing a threat to PMC in Rock Hill. This means a lot of potential new clients for CMC or Novant and a potential disaster for PMC. That is why you are seeing the fight. Presby wants to be there too and PMC wants them both out. The PMC location is the only one centrally located within Fort Mill. I think location-wise PMC is the best for the Fort Mill and Tega Cay citizens but based on what I have heard of PMC and seen of CMC, I would rather see Presby get it.

Make no mistake, this is all business.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:54 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,981,874 times
You will notice on the Sutton Road Exit off of I-77 a PMC ambulance sits there ... it's like vultures waiting on their prey. In the Lake Wylie area the PMC ambulances hang out in an attempt to be first to the scene and River Hills Rescue Squad is top of the line ... a first class operation. It's all about money!

The PMC future location is the best geographically right on Hwy 21 and Hwy 160. If the new Catawba River bridge becomes a reality bringing that bridge road traffic into Sutton Road, with a hospital (CMC's property) and all the businesses that crop up around a hospital, traffic will be a nightmare.

CMC has been looking at purchasing PMC just that Tenet location in Rock Hill. The "suits" visited PMC a few weeks ago and toured the entire facility ... I guess that would be one way to eliminate at least one competitor ... just buy them out.

We have had bad experiences at CMC and PMC and we have had good experiences at CMC and PMC. We have found out if a family members stays with you 24/7 they won't kill you.

If you really think about it and know York County .... Fort Mill/Tega Cay all of that area is just a short drive to CMC, Presbyterian or PMC in addition to emergency locations nearby ... but the people in Western York County have nothing! It's like they are the forgotten sector of York County.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:03 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,032,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
We have had bad experiences at CMC and PMC and we have had good experiences at CMC and PMC. We have found out if a family members stays with you 24/7 they won't kill you.

I think you will find that is the same the world over.

Corporate greed is a fact of the hospital system over here.

Having said that with the NHS in the UK where I come from you can hurry up and wait.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:14 AM

564 posts, read 1,456,365 times
Yes I do think Piedmont should be gobbled up. The place is a joke and it is obvious by the amount of support the other hospitals received what the people want. CMC has the money to have the "best" equipment, Doctors & reseach. So based on those three things I do think CMC is the "best" choice. Piedmont should save the money on attorney fees for a fight they will not win. They cannot even afford to keep the current staff.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:49 AM

84 posts, read 194,808 times
Wonder if PMC's CEO resigning has anything to do with this....

ROCK HILL | Piedmont Medical CEO Charlie Miller leaving post | The Herald - Rock Hill, SC (http://www.heraldonline.com/2012/03/02/3788122/piedmont-medical-ceo-miller-leaving.html#disqus_thread - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties