Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2007, 10:33 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,471,332 times

Advertisements

I need to have the brake line replaced/repaired on the gf's 2000 Neon. A while back we replaced the fron brakes, master cylinder, and right rear wheel cylinder. The brakeline is something I do not have the proper equipment to do and don't really want to do it. I have seen ads for Performance Auto Works near downtown Fort Mill and also Larry's on Williams Rd is VERY close to our house. Has anyone used either of these mechanics? I normally take my car up to a family friend near Hickory Grove Chuirch who is very honest and reliable, but I don't want to drive that far for something this simple. If you have any recommendations please let me know, and I also do not want to take it to any of the chains like Midas or Meineke. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 06:14 AM

5 posts, read 17,956 times
We used larrys to replace brake line. They did not properly bleed the brakes and when we called them and took it back to have them fix what they didn't do the first time, they charged us 60 dollars. Will not use them again.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAtoFMSC View Post
We used larrys to replace brake line. They did not properly bleed the brakes and when we called them and took it back to have them fix what they didn't do the first time, they charged us 60 dollars. Will not use them again.
Thank you. I know bleeding brakes is tricky, so sometimes it does take a second or third time. They definitely should not have charged you for that. I will stay away.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:03 AM

This is where I'm going to take it. Fort Mill Automotive Incorporated - Fort Mill, SC, 29715 - Citysearch

I'll keep you updated.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:43 AM

Fort Mill Automotive is great. I took my gf's car there regarding the leaking brake line. It turns out two of the lines from the recently replaced master cylinder needed to be tightened.

If you have seen the signs for Dean Youhanic for council at large, he is the owner. basically, he was complaining to his wife about some of the things the town was doing, so she told him to do something about. Well, he decided to run for council.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:24 PM

81 posts, read 310,298 times
Default auto mechanics

So far, we've had good success with New South Auto on Hwy 21. They seem fair and honest. There is a new owner that we recently found out about, but the previous owner is still there running it.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:39 PM

19 posts, read 69,223 times
Larry Finley has a shop on Harris St. in Fort Mill. Know him personally and he's a real good guy. Right next to the VFW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties