U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 03:50 PM

53 posts, read 138,062 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me of their experiences living in Legacy Park? It seems nice enough but I am very wary of HOAs. But I would like to know if the neighborhoods are tight and people watch out for each other? Or do they watch out to catch each other? Or does it depend on the street? It's a very large subdivision.

I'm also looking at Black Horse Run. I like that it is more established, and prettier. But the houses are more expensive there too. Does anyone have experience in any of these neighborhoods?

My kids would be going to the middle and high school there, so if anyone wants to drop a word about their recent experience with the upper grade schools in Indian Land, I'm all ears.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 09:35 PM

205 posts, read 612,274 times
I have friends who just moved out of Legacy Park because they said (at least their street or section) was turning in to majority rentals and sometimes when that happens people don't take care of the place like when they own it and you get alot of people moving in and out. Also I am told the pool and facilities were crowded but I dont have any first hand experience with them. Ironically they bought another home in a Waxhaw and now rent that home.

I have driven through BHR a number of times. I think some reasons you are seeing the price difference between LP and BHR is that the lots in BHR are 1-3 acres and typically have more mature trees, etc due to the age of the neighborhood whereas LP, like most all new neigborhoods have small lots and yards with the homes close to one another. BHR is also quite a bit more convinent to Ballantyne/Charlotte than LP so that could also be a factor in price difference not to mention a more limited market since BHR is smaller so less homes come up for sale.

I think it is all about what you are looking for in a home/neighborhood that will determine which is right for you. I think you will be pleased with the Indian Land schools, we have been. They are getting ready to build a new elementary school off Harrisburg Road. Sounds like thet will have no bearing on your children though. Good Luck!

Old 06-10-2012, 01:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,044 times
Don't do it. The HOA board is out of control. The is one board member that thinks the pool is her own private pool and treats everyone else with distaste. Also they treat all the kids epsc, teenagers as criminals and pay a rent a cop to sit there and watch them while they are on the basketball court or the play gorund. They say that it is a family community but the board treats it as if it should be an all adult community
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties