Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 04:56 PM

53 posts, read 166,436 times

Advertisements

How do you like Pleasant Glen? We really liked what we saw. Too bad it will prob be sold out before we get there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 08:47 PM

54 posts, read 189,440 times
The only thing I didn't like about Pleasant Glen was how close it is to Carowinds area.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:26 PM

41 posts, read 178,276 times
Default carowinds area

what wrong with this area

Old 09-27-2007, 06:51 AM

Personally for me, it's very close to 77, little more rundown over there (the 2-3 hotels, gas stations, fast food joints). Just my personal opinion.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:36 AM

53 posts, read 166,436 times
The Carowinds area is near Regent Park, right? I didn't like Regent Park--at all! The salesperson in the Ryan development did say that they were working on some of the eyesores and that the area would be "resurfaced" in the near future. But--I do agree its a bit run down. Inside Pleasant Glen is nice though. I really do like the Reserve area and Indian Land....

Mike...from what people say here--the commute isn't too bad. Just have to go at off times. My husband has no idea where he will be working yet so everything is up in the air. I will (most likely) stay home...if I can. It was really beautiful out there...we drove down Providence and the communities are plentiful--many are upscale (in Waxhaw). We shall see. Any luck with the job hunting? My husband sent out resumes when we got home so we will keep our fingers crossed!!

Old 09-27-2007, 08:58 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,426,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
Personally for me, it's very close to 77, little more rundown over there (the 2-3 hotels, gas stations, fast food joints). Just my personal opinion.
I agree, but Carmella's pizza would be worth living close to Regent Park

The Carowinds area has a lot of things like Payday lenders, fireworks stores, liquor stores, etc. One night after leaving Scarowinds last year and getting gas across the street I actually saw a hooker getting out of someone's car.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica0927 View Post
Mike...from what people say here--the commute isn't too bad. Just have to go at off times. My husband has no idea where he will be working yet so everything is up in the air. I will (most likely) stay home...if I can. It was really beautiful out there...we drove down Providence and the communities are plentiful--many are upscale (in Waxhaw). We shall see. Any luck with the job hunting? My husband sent out resumes when we got home so we will keep our fingers crossed!!

Job hunting is still going strong - my one interview I had went well, and it appears that it will be more my decision to take the job. I might hold out. My timeline right now is probably 60-90 days depending on one thing here in Florida (current job).

We love the Reserve and pretty much decided that we would want to live there, just a matter of whatever job I land and my wife (salaries), might have to rent for a while before signing on a house.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:16 PM

70 posts, read 218,074 times
ok - i'm stressing some what with the posts about the area being run down - we really liked the reserve too but ended up at pleasant glen because of all it had to offer. Now i'm wondering if we're making a mistake.. . .someone help talk me off the ledge here!

Old 09-27-2007, 04:46 PM

4,271 posts, read 6,296,510 times
groove1 - are you positive it was a hooker and not someone in a hookeresque costume (seeing as it was near Halloween)? I'm just sayin'... some of the costumes people come up with nowadays, well...you never know.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBXJunkie View Post
ok - i'm stressing some what with the posts about the area being run down - we really liked the reserve too but ended up at pleasant glen because of all it had to offer. Now i'm wondering if we're making a mistake.. . .someone help talk me off the ledge here!
As I said it was close to Carowinds and 77, you still need to go halfway up Pleasant Road, so it seems like that Road (Pleasant) shouldn't get much traffic unless someone really needs to go up that way, doesn't seem to be a main road, I could be wrong.

You'll be fine, congrats on the move, hopefully I can join ya soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties