U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 01:36 PM

53 posts, read 156,617 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone.

We just returned from our first trip to Ft Mill. Just a few things that I would like to post about....I can't believe how beautiful it is there in Ft Mill. The people are so friendly and the area is so nice. However...we were not impressed with the Regent Park area---at all! What is with all the funky buildings and other misc eyesores ? I understand that there are to be some renovations to the area but I didn't care for it at all. I liked the homes in the KB and Ryan developments but the actual neighborhoods weren't impressive. Some yards were maintained...others were not. What good is a beautiful house if the neighborhood looks poor. I had higher expectations for that area. Anyone have any thoughts??

I loved the Gold Hill area...very nice homes and neighborhoods. I really like the Reserve---too bad it will prob be sold out by the time we get there. We also visited Dominion Bridge by Ryan and loooved the Pineville model...lots of house for the money BUT some of the yards looked trashy. There were fences all over that make the neighborhood look like a maze. Its too bad because I really liked that house.

Our fave is Indian Land--what a beautiful place. We were in aww from the minute we drove out there. We are looking into Edenmoor. Sounds like it will be very nice once its built. I love all the developments out there. Providence Rd makes for a beautiful ride into the city. We went to the Festival in the Park and had a nice time. So many families and young professionals---just what we are looking for.
We are home in FL now and can't wait to come back to NC/SC!! We are excited to make the move and call it home!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 05:29 PM

425 posts, read 1,503,284 times
FYI- Our yard looks like complete crap but keep in mind we just moved in a few months back and you are'nt supposed to rip up lawn and replant in the summer plus we are dealing with a drought.

We live nearby to Dominion Bridge in WHitegrove and love the area. I have not been to IL but I hear it is nice.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:38 PM

18 posts, read 51,231 times
Jess,

We could have written your thread! IL rocks!

We visited this past August and felt the same restraint about Regent Park. We will move to Belair in the Summer. Cool to hear that we, from two different states, noticed the exact same things about Fort Mill vs IL. Not to knock FM though...we will spend a lot of time there, especially in Regent Park, on account of Church and friends.

I wish you ALL the best!

Old 09-23-2007, 07:42 PM

40 posts, read 127,973 times
Wow Jessica - that all sounds nice and actually pretty similar to what we're expecting when we get down there - we've only done our online research so far.

It seems like IL is greast value and the schools are good and will likely get even better as everyone moves there.

I'm very happy that you noticed a lot of young professionals - exactly what we are looking for.

Old 09-23-2007, 08:32 PM

14 posts, read 46,840 times
Yeah, FM / RH area is under manditory water restrictions and are only allowed to water twice a week...that's probably why the grass looks shotty. You say you liked the Gold Hill area...did you check out the new subd. called Fair Oaks. The houses are large, mostly two stories priced in high $200 to mid $300s. Waterstone is also in the GH area. Of course there is always Baxter, if you want to lean out your side window and touch your neigbhors house. lol The lots are .2 (two tenths of an acre).

I don't blame you about Regent Park...you know that was the former PTL club land. I think they are a different breed on that side of FM. Not sure how much school is a factor, but FM school district ranks first in the state of SC. Good luck in your search.

I don't think I could ever move back north again, too darn cold. I love the change in the seasons and the longer summers.

Old 09-23-2007, 08:48 PM

54 posts, read 181,375 times
We also just got home this weekend from Fort Mill, and are highly considering the Reserve at Gold Hill.

Hopefully will be there by years end if all works out well, will keep you all posted.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:20 PM

18 posts, read 51,231 times
Not to rain of parades, but I am concerned about Lancaster schools, not because of their "rap," but because of what I'm used to compared to up North. Their HS, although new, only boasts four clubs and their website looks a bit shoddy. On the other hand, as mentioned, lots of potential for growth.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:38 PM

95 posts, read 294,104 times
Default I agree

We also came down 3 months ago. Have been doing tons of online surfing before an after our visit. Have gotten great info. From all over. We used a re agent to help use get a tour. He is helping us with renting also. We plan on renting for a year to get used to the area. He will be helping us buy.So we can make our last move.
We are seriously considering 2 places. Clover an indian land.
Clover is for sure at the top. I would buy there in a heartbeat I think.
But indian land bears watching. I think buying a peace of land 1 to 2 acres would be a great investment.For clover or indian land..

Old 09-24-2007, 09:11 AM

56 posts, read 211,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
We also just got home this weekend from Fort Mill, and are highly considering the Reserve at Gold Hill.

Hopefully will be there by years end if all works out well, will keep you all posted.
Hey MikeD. I purchased at the Reserve in June and my home is currently under construction. My closing date is scheduled for Nov. It is a great community and SPH builds a solid home.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:35 PM

70 posts, read 207,791 times
my family and i were in Ft Mill in June and bought at Pleasant Glenn - any feedback or observations that I may have missed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties