U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:40 AM

53 posts, read 156,347 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone...

Any suggestions on how to get to the person doing the hiring with major builders for onsite sales? My husband has submitted his resume via internet and applied on line...so far no response. Any suggestions or tips?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 08:52 AM

54 posts, read 181,081 times
Jessica from the people I have spoken too these jobs are not to heavy right now, especially with the BOATLOAD of people who have recently LOST jobs across the country. Some major lenders have closed there Charlotte operations. There is a ton of people in Charlotte who were in the real estate / mortgage field looking for jobs right now.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:58 AM

4,729 posts, read 18,603,425 times
There was also an article in last weeks Observer saying the slowdown of new construction is affecting related businesses.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:22 AM

54 posts, read 181,081 times
Builders "were" selling somewhere near 20 homes a month a while ago, now and again this is based on conversations with new builder sales people they are lucky to get 6-7 a month.

This is why I am trying MY BEST to get out of this business.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:43 AM

14 posts, read 46,790 times
My husband sells supplies to some of the large track builders. His business has dropped considerably as well because they are just not building as many houses as before. I really think getting into sales for onsite properties is all in who you know. Good luck.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:08 PM

3,437 posts, read 5,589,545 times
good luck, If your from the north they're not going to hire you.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:20 PM

628 posts, read 1,972,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd69 View Post
I think it's about attitude not where you are from...You shouldn't be so down. I purchased my home from someone from up north..I don't know you however I've read a some of your posts and your negativity is rather apparent. It's too bad things haven't gone the way you planned however for a lot of transplants thing could not be better.

Jessica...the real estate market is really tough right now. It kind of reminds me of NY/ LI a few years ago....Everyone and there mother is a real estate agent....not to mention new home sales have slowed down because people can not sell homes elsewhere.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:23 PM

3,437 posts, read 5,589,545 times
My wife worked in the HR department for Lockheed-Martin and can't find anything. Are you ready to be Atlanta, its coming here.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:34 PM

628 posts, read 1,972,289 times
Quote:
My wife worked in the HR department for Lockheed-Martin and can't find anything. Are you ready to be Atlanta, its coming here.
and what did you do....sit home and complain all day???? If you want to work and make a life for your family and yourself...you absolutely can...it's difficult to relocate; things don't always go your way but..if you are willing to make sacrifices for your long term goals..it will pay off!!

Old 10-17-2007, 04:36 PM

4,729 posts, read 18,603,425 times
Quote:
Not true since 2/3 of metro Charotte's population is from up north. So who do you think is going to do the hiring? Those numbers are in line with where I work too. Very few native southerners out of 1200 people in our corporate office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>