U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2007, 10:27 AM

163 posts, read 565,066 times

Advertisements

Okay, so I found out who I will be using as my water company once I move to Indian Land..

Has anyone had negative dealings with Lancaster water?? I was told that dh and I would be dealing directly with them..no middle man.

TIA
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 07:10 PM

628 posts, read 1,998,981 times
No...I haven't had a problem. however they are a little old fashioned...no online billing....and I believe it's the only account I actually have to write a check to every month. When I signed up they faxed over a ton of papers...had to sign one and fax it back. They were very courteous. By the way....welcome to Indian Land, it's a great place to live!!

Old 10-04-2007, 09:20 PM

163 posts, read 565,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRKLYN2CLT View Post
No...I haven't had a problem. however they are a little old fashioned...no online billing....and I believe it's the only account I actually have to write a check to every month. When I signed up they faxed over a ton of papers...had to sign one and fax it back. They were very courteous. By the way....welcome to Indian Land, it's a great place to live!!
Thanks!!

I am glad they are easy to work with!

Old 10-05-2007, 10:05 AM

7 posts, read 32,288 times
Lancaster County Water is fine. They've made many upgrades in the last few years. I'm sure you won't have any problems.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:47 PM

825 posts, read 2,721,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeel2SC View Post
Have never had a problem with lancaster water at all. All positives here except for the lack of online bill pay. In this day and age, this should be a must.
I pay Lancaster Water and Sewer through online bill pay with Bank of America, works fine.

They opened an office in Indian Land in the 521 Perimeter corporate park.

They've been helpful to me as well when I've called with questions.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:17 PM

251 posts, read 1,092,272 times
Lancaster Water and Sewer DID NOT open an office in the 521 Perimeter Park. That was Lancaster County Natural Gas who opened the office there. The only office for LCWSD is in the town of Lancaster.

Old 10-11-2007, 05:03 AM

825 posts, read 2,721,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moedog View Post
Lancaster Water and Sewer DID NOT open an office in the 521 Perimeter Park. That was Lancaster County Natural Gas who opened the office there. The only office for LCWSD is in the town of Lancaster.
My mistake. Thanks.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:58 AM

1 posts, read 2,520 times
I am moving to Hanover in Fort Mill next week. Need cable & Internat--any advise?

Old 10-14-2007, 09:14 AM

251 posts, read 1,092,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela7 View Post
I am moving to Hanover in Fort Mill next week. Need cable & Internat--any advise?
Two cable companies serve the IL area---Comporium, which is the same as the phone company, and Time Warner/Charlotte. Comporium is cheaper but does not offer as many channels as TW. You can save additional money with Comporium by bundleling your home phone, cell, internet, security, etc. for a savings of up to $25 a month (and you only have to pay one bill). In Hanover, all Comporium services are provided to your home on a fiber line, which should provide better reception. Comporium carries local channels from Spartanburg and Columbia, in addition to all Charlotte channels, in case you want to keep up with SC news--TW does not. Time Warner service is exactly the same as you would recieve in Charlotte (you get Charlotte access channels rather than Lancaster access channels)--the channel line-up is impressive--every channel you could ever imagine is available, including more HD channels. Time Warner does not offer home telephone service in IL. I have found both Comporium and Time Warner cable internet to be excellent. Comporium also offers DSL service, at the same price as cable internet. Comporium offers much better customer service and will send a service person as soon as you call. With Time Warner, you often have to wait as long as an hour to get someone to answer your call, then it can take several days for a technican to arrive. Even so, the quality of TW services is excellent. I'd say overall you have a hard decision, as both services are good. If you are a TV freak and must have EVERY channel available, go for TW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties