U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2012, 06:04 AM

22 posts, read 31,992 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Indian Land. I am a little confused as to what to use for an address. I thought it was a Fort Mill address, but I notice some businesses use Indian Land as part of their address (I don't know what private residents use, as I have not really been here long enough to meet people).

I am just curious as to what those of you who live in IL have printed on your checks. Is it Fort Mill, SC 29707, or Indian Land, SC 29707? I am getting ready to order new checks, and I don't want the bank to get all angry with me because I have the wrong city printed on them.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 04:14 PM

2,248 posts, read 4,498,778 times
I, personally, have Fort Mill because that is what they told us the address would be when we signed the papers for our house. I got everything changed to that and it is too big of a hassle to change all of it again, especially the driver license. There are a lot of people who want to have an independent identity from Fort Mill, so they use Indian Land, plus we are in a different county from them. At one point in time I think people thought that eventually Indian Land would have their own post office and we would all have to use Indian Land, but with the PO cutting back I really can't see that happening soon. Plus we have 2 "branches" here of the Fort Mill one....one in the Valero gas station at the corner of 521 and 160 and one in the Liberty Tax office. I thought at one point in time I heard that "they" (whoever "they" are) wanted you to use Indian Land for the purpose of the census, but I already had mine done and sent in so too late for that.

That being said, I at one time asked the post office which they preferred and they said they didn't really care which one you used as long as you had the correct zip code of 29707. So feel free to use either one! I get mail addressed to both places, so IMHO it doesn't really matter until such point in time IF we would get our own post office.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:11 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,467,408 times
I concur. Fort Mill on my checks....29707

Old 08-29-2012, 02:59 PM

22 posts, read 31,992 times
Thanks,

I ended up calling the bank where my accounts are. They said it didn't matter to them. I am using IL for everything simply because if it currently doesn't matter, I don't want to have to change everything from Fort Mill if it does start to matter.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:53 AM

218 posts, read 490,624 times
It doesn't matter as long as you have the zip correct. IL got it's own zip about 4 years ago. Before then, the zip was tied to Fort Mill since that was the closest post office in SC. I think I still have Fort Mill on my licsense but Indian Land on everything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties