Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2012, 03:07 PM

259 posts, read 797,793 times

Advertisements

Hello!

As a almost six year reader and poster on this site, I first want to thank all of those who in the past answered any questions I had. This site is invaluable to those of us who are looking from afar to move here and is also very informative after you move here. It is also an opportunity to help others get acclimated as others helped you!

In the spirit of that, I wanted to offer up an opportunity to all residents of York County. I became a member of the Newcomers Club of York County in 2009. This organization is for women from age 21 and up (although we tend to be mostly in our 40's and way up)! We meet monthly at a luncheon where we have some kind of activity, usually a speaker. In addition, there are all kinds of smaller group activities scheduled during each month mostly during the day, but some at night. You can attend activities as you find those that interest you.

I found the group of ladies not only gave me the opportunity to meet new friends but also helped teach me how to get around the area to the various activities!!

The following link to our website will give you a lot of information about the organization and activities. I welcome you to check it out!

Newcomers of York County | Rock Hill, SC 29732
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 09:05 PM

123 posts, read 181,398 times
I just checked out the website and it looks great! Was it recently updated? I do not recall if having all of this info. previously.It's so good to know what is out there and available to us ladies! I love the book club idea but I work during the day. It all sounds so fun; walking, playing games, lunch and dinner out and so much more! Thank you Newcomers of York County | Rock Hill, SC 29732 and movingdown.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:11 PM

I am really glad you liked the Newcomers website. Yes, it has been updated recently.

A couple of points I would like to make. You mentioned you work during the day. While a lot of our activities are during the day, some are on weekend evenings. Significant others are invited to join in those activities. You don't need to be available during the day to join us.

The other issue I forgot on my first post, was that you don't actually need to be a newcomer to the area to join. Some ladies have found that after being here for many years, they are ready to get involved with different activities.

So, check out Newcomers of York County | Rock Hill, SC 29732

Old 09-29-2012, 01:21 PM

Sorry.... the link to the website did not work on my last post!

Try:
Newcomers of York County | Rock Hill, SC 29732

Old 09-29-2012, 09:32 PM

123 posts, read 181,398 times
Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it knowing I do not need to be a newcomer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties