Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2012, 10:52 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,298,430 times

Advertisements

What's the name of the neighborhood in Rock Hill that does a 2-3 day fundraiser for charity in which they let people come and see the whole neighborhood of awesome Christmas light displays? We've been a couple times since we moved here in 2006, but I can't remember the name of the neighborhood. My grandmother moved here a couple months ago and we want to take her this year!

Thanks in advance,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 03:22 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
I don't know if you are referring to Stafford Park or not ... do you know where the Post Office is on Ebenezer Road? Turn onto Hollis Lakes Road off of Ebenezer Road and the development is on the right side of the road just past the PO.

Just about every home in that development is decorated for Christmas and they have been doing this for several years. They collect canned food, toys or money for Pilgrims Inn in Rock Hill.

Stafford Park Neighborhood Light Show 2011.wmv - YouTube

Old 11-16-2012, 04:23 PM

14,474 posts, read 20,652,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
What's the name of the neighborhood in Rock Hill that does a 2-3 day fundraiser for charity in which they let people come and see the whole neighborhood of awesome Christmas light displays? We've been a couple times since we moved here in 2006, but I can't remember the name of the neighborhood. My grandmother moved here a couple months ago and we want to take her this year!

Thanks in advance,
If you want to travel a few miles, the best one in the area is McAdenville, N.C.

Maybe 25 miles.

It's not a fundraiser that I know of, but still worth the trip up.

Official Web Site

Old 11-23-2012, 08:27 AM

Stafford Park! That's the one! Thanks, CarolinaWoman!

Old 11-26-2012, 06:29 PM

3 posts, read 8,322 times
Default Rock Hill Christmas lights

I didn't know about Rock Hill's community. I'll have to visit with family. I'm sure with individual families expressing themselves there will be a lot of ohhh and ahhhs. McAdenville entire town participates but I missed the beauty of it all because 95% of the town lights are white.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:04 PM

//www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sta...w/148687912542

I got confirmation that the Stafford Park subdivision is doing their show THIS WEEKEND (Dec 14 & 15). The link is to their Facebook page. The event goes from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. each night, and the entrance fee is either an unwrapped toy donation, canned goods or plain old cash (all goes to charity). I HIGHLY recommend everyone try to get down there for the show - it's truly amazing!

The neighborhood is off of ebenezer road and hollis lakes road behind the ebenezer post office. The main entrance is keswick lane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties