Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2013, 05:27 PM

17 posts, read 30,075 times

Advertisements

Finally!!! I've found the best mechanic in the area, an honest one that hast on several occasions fixed the actual problem rather that perform an expensive and unnecessary service. I took a van in today to have the rear brakes repaired, they just turned the rotors and cleaned the brakes when they could have replaced the rear brakes and drums. I have other similar experiences there as well. Great guys!!

So drop by Muffler Masters on Cherry Road near 77 besides McD's if you want great service at great prices. And no, they didn't ask for references or that I share their FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-S...42415585782497

Last edited by Dirtwheels; 07-30-2013 at 06:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 08:22 AM

14,494 posts, read 20,683,469 times
Another clue to an honest one is they do not charge to diagnose the problem.
Does Muffler Masters meet that?

TCI charged me nothing over the years for diagnosis.
My parent was always charged $85 to diagnose, by the dealer on Anderson Road down near Cedar Villas, who moved or went out of business.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:23 AM

1,218 posts, read 2,992,423 times
Rarely have I ever had a diagnostic fee. If i did, it was because the car took hours to diagnose. People need to be paid for their time. My place is great. They re balanced my tires for free weeks later. 2 younger girls came in due to a loud noise near the front tire. Come to find out it was just some of the inner body work the was rubbing the tire, he didnt charge them. If its going to be a big job, they always tell and show me first before proceeding. They will estimate by the book, but if it takes less, they charge less. BTW I go to B&B Tire in Rock Hill.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:55 AM

17 posts, read 30,075 times
I've never been charged for anything other than for the work done. And left a couple of times shocked and the minimal charge for the repair actually done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Another clue to an honest one is they do not charge to diagnose the problem.
Does Muffler Masters meet that?

TCI charged me nothing over the years for diagnosis.
My parent was always charged $85 to diagnose, by the dealer on Anderson Road down near Cedar Villas, who moved or went out of business.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:33 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,974,480 times
We learned to beware of dealerships. We have 40k miles on our F-150 and 80k on the F-250. The check engine light came on in the F-150 and we took the truck in and had to leave it. It was over $300.00 when we picked it up. Did they discuss anything with us prior to doing the work ... nope. Within a couple of weeks that little ole check engine light came on again.

My nephew is an engineer with Ford in Michigan. I called him and got a name in the Atlanta District to complain to which I did but we will not take our trucks to a dealership again.

I just hate that little check engine light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties