Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 02:01 PM

564 posts, read 1,461,445 times

Advertisements

There is plenty of reasons people do not want Piedmont to build this hospital. I would rather have a hospital with the best research, equipment and Doctors at there disposal over tax money from a inferior organization. There is plenty of ways FM can come up with the school bond money without raising taxes. They should be making these builders pay for the damage they are doing or will do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 04:22 PM

186 posts, read 338,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday30 View Post
There is plenty of reasons people do not want Piedmont to build this hospital. I would rather have a hospital with the best research, equipment and Doctors at there disposal over tax money from a inferior organization. There is plenty of ways FM can come up with the school bond money without raising taxes. They should be making these builders pay for the damage they are doing or will do.
So what you are saying is that you want Duke University to build a hospital in Fort Mill since they are the top rated hospital in the area and no I'm not a Piedmont Fan Boy. Plus all Hospitals have their issues; Piedmont might have more then CMC; but don't think that CMC doesn't have their own issues or problems.

I also just look at it that CMC has facilities close enough that they really don't need to build a hospital in Fort Mill. For me; the stand alone ER in Steele Creek or CMC Pineville will take me the same amount of time to drive to; as driving down to Sutton Road and I77.

Plus the fact that they are non-profit; mean that Fort Mill and York County; won't benefit tax wise from them building a hospital here.

Psy

Old 02-15-2015, 01:39 AM

10,113 posts, read 11,018,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsylockeSmythe View Post
So what you are saying is that you want Duke University to build a hospital in Fort Mill since they are the top rated hospital in the area and no I'm not a Piedmont Fan Boy. Plus all Hospitals have their issues; Piedmont might have more then CMC; but don't think that CMC doesn't have their own issues or problems.

I also just look at it that CMC has facilities close enough that they really don't need to build a hospital in Fort Mill. For me; the stand alone ER in Steele Creek or CMC Pineville will take me the same amount of time to drive to; as driving down to Sutton Road and I77.

Plus the fact that they are non-profit; mean that Fort Mill and York County; won't benefit tax wise from them building a hospital here.

Psy
I just wish they would stop this back and forth and back and forth appeals. You are right Fort Mill and York County can certainly use the tax revenue. I will still go to Steele Creek and CMC Pineville.

I personally would prefer a Mayo Clinic, Sloan Kettering or Johns Hopkins either one. It's just ridiculous having these constant appeals and loads of money dumped into attorney fees by the hospitals. It is only hurting the people in the area.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:55 AM

197 posts, read 280,641 times
Well Piedmont killed my brother, so I won't ever be supporting or going to a Tenet hospital

Old 02-19-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phareous View Post
Well Piedmont killed my brother, so I won't ever be supporting or going to a Tenet hospital
Did you file a lawsuit for wrongful death? They have had several lawsuits against the ER docs.

Old 02-23-2015, 04:49 PM

SC Judge denies request for stay in Fort Mill hospital appeal.

SC judge denies request for stay in Fort Mill hospital appeal | Local News | Rock Hill Herald Online

Old 02-24-2015, 07:09 AM

4,273 posts, read 6,345,133 times
Ugh.

Old 02-25-2015, 11:23 AM

197 posts, read 280,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Did you file a lawsuit for wrongful death? They have had several lawsuits against the ER docs.
It wasn't an issue with the ER, or the surgeons...it was completely on the ICU. A host of mistakes, the worst of which was allowing him to get a hospital-acquired infection. But also stopping his antibiotics for several days without telling us, allowing him to eat/swallow without doing a swallow test (which potentially gave him pneumonia), giving him a feeding mix that was too high in sugar when he was a diabetic, delaying a needed surgery too long, and generally having the attitude that people with his condition ultimately died so why bother. Not to mention that all their permanent intensivists quit and they were using substitutes, that they refused to give nurses full benefits (kept their hours down), eliminated overtime for nurses, and more. And they are so behind the times as far as using the latest techniques, procedures, and technologies.

And this is what people want for Fort Mill? I'm not saying CMC is perfect, but at least it would be a choice. Having Piedmont in Fort Mill is no choice.. its either Piedmont or Piedmont. No thanks.

EDIT: Everything I stated above happened 6 months ago. So don't think its any different today.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:34 PM

564 posts, read 1,461,445 times
Two weeks ago my friend has an accident. Taken by ambulance to Piedmont. They tell him his leg is broke and they cast. 2 Days later he goes to an orthopedic doctor at CMC. His cast is cut off and he is told his leg is not broke and he is walking fine. True story.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:41 PM

547 posts, read 780,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday30 View Post
Two weeks ago my friend has an accident. Taken by ambulance to Piedmont. They tell him his leg is broke and they cast. 2 Days later he goes to an orthopedic doctor at CMC. His cast is cut off and he is told his leg is not broke and he is walking fine. True story.
Simple explanation, Piedmont performed a miracle. Let's see you do that CMC!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties