Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2013, 12:09 PM
NDL NDL started this thread

4,502 posts, read 5,579,160 times

Advertisements

Hey All

I have family visiting next month. They usually stay in Pineville, but I thought it best that they avoid that area, since they're coming at the height of Christmas season (and mall traffic can be heavy at times).

I had a few thoughts...

The priority is that the hotel be spotlessly clean, quiet, and safe. Whether or not the place is fancy, is not a big deal.

I'd rather keep them away from the Carowinds area, as well as away from the Cherry Rd corridor.

I try to frequent local businesses when possible, and the below Inn looks to be okay (and cheap !). Anyone know anything about the Deluxe Inn, in York?

York, South Carolina Hotel, Hotels in York South Carolina.

If that's not a go, how's the safety of the Galleria area (petty crime, etc.)? There are several hotels from which to choose, in that area.

Thanks in advance, for your time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 01:34 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,183,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
Hey All

I have family visiting next month. They usually stay in Pineville, but I thought it best that they avoid that area, since they're coming at the height of Christmas season (and mall traffic can be heavy at times).

I had a few thoughts...

The priority is that the hotel be spotlessly clean, quiet, and safe. Whether or not the place is fancy, is not a big deal.

I'd rather keep them away from the Carowinds area, as well as away from the Cherry Rd corridor.

I try to frequent local businesses when possible, and the below Inn looks to be okay (and cheap !). Anyone know anything about the Deluxe Inn, in York?

York, South Carolina Hotel, Hotels in York South Carolina.

If that's not a go, how's the safety of the Galleria area (petty crime, etc.)? There are several hotels from which to choose, in that area.

Thanks in advance, for your time

First off DO NOT HAVE YOUR WORST ENEMY STAY AT DELUXE INN (oops sorry to yell but I just wanted to get my point across).

Secondly if you have not done so already/before I highly advise you check out the website Trip Advisor as a go to source for hotel reviews, and more (Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals - TripAdvisor) p.s. whatever you do...do not look at the pics someone took while they stayed at the Deluxe Inn.

If you think Pineville will be a problem (remember though there is always backroads), I suggest a hotel over in Rock Hill (off of Dave Lyle), again check out the reviews on TA. Also you might check out the hotel in Ayrsley/Charlotte (unable to remember the name right now). I usually suggest the Ballantyne area too (but that starts getting a little far from you).

One last suggestion (that won't work this time due to the holidays) if in the future you have company coming to town, and you're looking for a place that is unique, and the price is right (but not as cheap as Deluxe Inn ).....then Check out the Inn at Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC (it is less than $80 a night with tax).

The Inn at Winthrop

Old 11-13-2013, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,038 times
Also don't forget to check and make sure the the hotels aren't listed here; [url=http://www.bedbugregistry.com/]Bed Bug Registry - Check Apartments and Hotels Across North America[/url]

Good luck with your search!

Old 11-13-2013, 10:04 PM

Y'all are the best Thank you so very much !

Old 11-14-2013, 07:29 AM

4,265 posts, read 6,254,435 times
Well now I HAVE to go look at the review for the Deluxe Inn in York. *lol*

Old 11-14-2013, 08:21 AM

625 posts, read 480,574 times
I did.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
Well now I HAVE to go look at the review for the Deluxe Inn in York. *lol*
I haven't read anything, though I haven't done a lot of digging...

Old 11-15-2013, 02:22 PM

625 posts, read 480,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
I haven't read anything, though I haven't done a lot of digging...
Go to TripAdvisor.com and search for the hotel. There are reviews and pictures there.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:30 PM

78 posts, read 143,959 times
Check out Dave Lyle Blvd area. Easy access to I-77, near rock hil mall, many resturants within a mile.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCoqui View Post
Go to TripAdvisor.com and search for the hotel. There are reviews and pictures there.
Thank you...after doing a thorough search, I am glad we passed this motel up .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_92 View Post
Check out Dave Lyle Blvd area. Easy access to I-77, near rock hil mall, many resturants within a mile.
An excellent suggestion...thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties