U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 10:36 PM

2 posts, read 2,228 times

Advertisements

Hey..I am a first time buyer and interested in buying this 3650 sq ft home on 70 X 145 ft lot. But this will have a very small back yard of 10 ft .(back yard gets cut by slope). And below the slope( not that steep..like 7-8 stairs approx) the property line extends and then there are woods.
The break up of 145 ft( 47 ft from curb + 52 ft deep floor plan + 10ft back yard + 36 ft below slope(includes big trees as well)
I am concerned if I buy this will the resale get affected in future because of small backyard..?
I really like the floor plan and this is the only lot available to fit this plan..the location is really good as i can reach Ballantyne..I-77 and I-485 in just few mins..but at the same time I am feeling cheated because I will have to shell out additional 10-15 grand out of my pocket later on if I want to make the slope usable...also the builder is charging premium of 14k(which I feel is high)..as this is facing the woods.

There are similar plans in the community (not facing the woods) where people have 45 ft backyard(purchased in Feb 2013)..as those lots don't have a slope. And if I add same upgrades as them I am getting a price increase of 25k-30K.(because of premium..increase in upgrade costs since feb 2013).and no backyard. The existing price range for such plan is from 260k ( no upgrades) - 330k..
So if my house will be on the higher side compared to similar plans..will that affect me??

This community is in Indian Land ,Lancaster County...

Really appreciate all the help...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties