Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 01:55 PM

33 posts, read 61,184 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the feedback Ersee36! Sounds like we look for pretty much the same things when it comes to housing. I regret that we didn't get a chance to tour Lake Wylie on our visit. However I will be sending my husband to tour the area in 2 weeks when he is in Charlotte again. I will also let him drive to Lake Wylie from the office at the end of the day. Then he can get a first hand feel for the traffic. I'm at home with the boys so I won't be the one to drive it every day. LOL - guess you could tell if my priority is how long does it take me to get to Target! :-)

The Landing is high on my list of areas to look in LW - as well as Heron Cove and Handsmill.

How do you like living in Massey? Are you pleased with the David Weeklely home build. Is the currently construction there driving you nuts or is it pretty manageable? I did like that section of the development and of course my boys were GaGa over the pool there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 09:12 AM

100 posts, read 213,149 times
We lived in Lake Wylie when we first moved here 4 years ago, our daughter went to Crowders Creek and she loved it. We, however decided to move to Tega Cay because we found we were traveling out of Lake Wylie more than staying in it. We also didn't care for most of the dining choices and found that we were traveling to Harris Teeter quite a bit. We had issues finding things that we needed at the local grocery stores, however with Publix coming in that problem may have been resolved for us.

We looked at Handsmill but at the time they hadn't built any of the amenities yet and were really slowing down on building, it was an awesome concept. Scott Kuhlkin was one of the builders there and he does amazing work. We also have friends that live in the Landing and love it there, they seem to be very social within the neighborhood.

We had Utilities, Inc. for water/sewer, they seemed a bit pricey but they were fine.

Old 01-18-2020, 08:45 AM

9 posts, read 7,672 times
Hello, I see it has been a few years since the last post and we are now in the same position, also relocating and are looking at Lake Wylie and surrounding area. Our max budget is 450K.
Coming from an area that floods, does this area have any sections I should stay away from? Is it safe to have basements here?
Are the clover schools still really good, specially the elementary?
My husband will be working at the airport, looks like there's a few ways to get there but the roads look small and I'm not sure of the traffic, are they working on any new roads/expansions etc?
Lastly, any subdivisions that have trails/ connect to trails? We would like to have options to walk around, bike etc.
Any and all information will be greatly appreciated!

Old 03-09-2020, 08:05 PM

14 posts, read 43,092 times
It would actually be worth looking out on the west side of Clover in the Bethany school district.

Easy access to 85 and the airport.

Also close to a ton of good trails in the Kings Mountain State Park and Crowders Mountain State Park.

Old 03-11-2020, 09:58 AM

120 posts, read 140,102 times
We just moved to Lake Wylie (The Landing) in the fall. The Landing is beautiful as they kept the big trees when they developed it. Because of this, it looks like it's well-established and has been there for decades.

We really, really like it. We've got almost every amenity (groceries, Lowes, drug stores, cleaners, etc.) plus we're right between two YMCAs (the new one is big and with indoor and outdoor pools). We also easily drive to Rivergate for more shopping.

On the schools: I've been subbing in the elementary schools closest to Lake Wylie in the Clover School District and I am completely impressed with their academics. Their curriculum is just way ahead - probably ahead of what it should be, to be honest, especially for Pre-K and K. But they really push the kids academically. Another thing worth mentioning is the kids are extremely well behaved, at least in these three elementary schools. Honestly it reminds me of private schools (we moved a lot and had our kids in both private and public, so I have good reference points). I would not hesitate to put my kids in the schools in the Lake Wylie area.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:38 PM

120 posts, read 140,102 times
I should also add that the schools I've been subbing in are all four relatively brand new, with state of the art equipment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties