U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2014, 01:19 AM

22 posts, read 21,689 times

Advertisements

I'm a soon to be retired NYC employee (less than 4 yrs to go & counting) but looking to relocate the family sooner than later. I've narrowed it down to the Charlotte and Fort Mill area.
I have 2 kids who will be entering jr/middle school when they move down. My daughter is in the Gifted and Talented program and my son is in a dual language program here in the city. I know they don't have dual language in NC/SC but anything on G&T in Fort Mill? The FM school ratings on Great School have impressed me very much!
Honestly I'm weary of HOA but it seems everything in FM is in a development. I've read those news stories about homeowners getting arrested for having brown grass, etc. I'd appreciate any opinions you may have on HOA's. What should I look for in a HOA etc?
Can any uniformed retirees answer my pension questions? How are our pensions, VSF & deferred comp payments taxed? From what I read it looks like I'll be paying 7% in income tax. How does property taxes & some vehicle tax (?) work here?
How's the GHI coverage there? I read CMHS in Charlotte accepts GHI any providers in the Fort Mill area?
Any areas in York County I should avoid?
Thanks everyone for your help. We look forward to moving out of the hustle and bustle of the city!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties